NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Jeep Cherokee better bring it......

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by CDJSalesPro, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Well then most of the reviews I've read on it since it came out must've been using the term incorrectly then too...lol. Google "Jeep Cherokee is ugly" and you'll see a whole host of links to articles and blogs regarding how the Cherokee is ugly...and polarizing...and the how's and whys of why it is that way. I'm not incorrect...and really neither are you. I get what you're saying, but I don't think you're really understanding what I'm saying, so perhaps I'm not explaining it well enough...

Here's a link to an article that may serve as a good reference as to what I'm talking about in how the terms are used together (and why)...

Why we’ll see more ugly cars (at http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3158452/ns/business-autos/t/why-well-see-more-ugly-cars/#.WMlhD5H3ahB )

And for the record, I don't hate the Cherokee. It's not an attractive vehicle by any means, but it's more the lack of capability that I've always had a distaste for. But it is what it is, it sells, and at this point that's all that matters (and if you check back to my previous posts on Cherokee, I'm pretty sure I've always said that). It will never be my choice for purchase, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize why others would.

And to your point about the Honda being ugly...it sells in huge numbers so apparently not everyone feels it's ugly as you do...perhaps polarizing?? Lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    zack_falcon and DarkSky like this.
  2. DarkSky

DarkSky Cruising Around Level III Supporter

Polarizing always applies to a non-neutral design because 100% of the population is never going to agree on whether a vehicle is hideous or beautiful. You think the CR-V is hideous, I think it looks nice. That makes it polarizing. The very definition of polarizing is "divide or cause to divide into two sharply contrasting groups or sets of opinions or beliefs." There will always be a group of people who love a vehicle and a group who hate it, so polarizing really doesn't mean much of anything.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  3. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Yes. My wife has an MBA, and she has marketing experience...as do I to a certain point. But I've had more than my fill of spin-speak not just in marketing but in business in general. From six sigma, non-value added, low hanging fruit, polarizing, etc...if I don't hear any of this again it'll be too soon. :)

Mr. Fusion, Prabhjot and DarkSky like this.
  4. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

I don't believe you'll see the refreshed Cherokee in NY.

redriderbob likes this.
  5. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

Hmmm. Ok.

I guess that makes sense with all of the other noise that FCA will be making there!

6. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

If it's there, I'll check it out. If it's not, I'll check out all the other stuff that's there. Doesn't matter. There's 3 floors of stuff to check out. :D

7. humdrum

humdrum Member

So then, it leaves LA this year or NAIAS next year. That's what it looks like to me. I could be wrong but I don't think it would be introduced outside of the US first, would it?

8. npaladin2000

LA might be a little late for a 2018 model year, unless it's going to start late.

9. Alexbucks

Alexbucks Member

How about a private Press event instead of any autoshow.

10. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

So not at NYIAS

Production starts August (or July)

The plot thickens!

11. npaladin2000

That's the part that worries me. I'm shopping a High Altitude setup, and there isn't one even close to my option set within 200 miles. I'd probably have to custom order one, and that means getting it in BEFORE they switch over to the 2018s which won't have the same juicy incentives.

Of course, if the 2018s were to get Android Auto I might be inclined to wait. Just sayin. :D

12. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

That's 100% why I'm waiting

13. npaladin2000

It'd be a cool toy, but the fact is I use Waze. And they've been really really slow in making that AA compatible for some reason. So it's not a drop dead need.

Of course, the current incentives might get even jucier if the refresh is right around the corner. Assuming I can find an I4 High Altitude in Firecracker Red with the luxury and safety packages. And WITHOUT the sun roof....

14. somber

somber 370,000 miles Level 2 Supporter

You may already know this, but when you custom order, you get the incentives that are active whenever the car is finally delivered - NOT at the time of order. At least, this was how it worked when I ordered my Charger in 2015. When the car was finally delivered, the incentives were $500 less than they were when I placed the order.

marlon_jbt likes this.
  15. mentalicca

mentalicca Member Level III Supporter

Many dealers will give you the option to have the price at the date of the order as your "highest" price (to protect against exactly what happened to you). Then again, with margins slimming, that may be the case less and less.

UN4GTBL likes this.