NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 or 2019 Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Hemidakota, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Member

Is there any word or images of the next gen 300? Or will Segio also kill this vehicle?

2. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

He plans to loosen the torquing of all Chrysler 300 screws to meet FIAT specifications.

3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Sergio is not killing the Chrysler 300.

Mike

4. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

^this. How many times has it been said? The 300 is making money it is NOT going anywhere.

GasAxe, TripleT, danbek and 2 others like this.
  5. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

I just hope it doesn't turn into the Journey: oldest design on the lot, and it looks the part.

6. TripleT

TripleT Active Member

Jeez it just got a very nice refresh.

dfarc and edgecrusher like this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

Despite the "refresh" 300 has lost ground faster than the average of the full size car market in the last 5 years. In 2012, 300 was 13% of the large car market, in 2017 it was 11%.
    Those numbers, despite "high"margins means the 300 is probably safe until the real replacement of the LX based cars. However, if the 300's sales share continue to drop and the large car market continues to shrink the "new" 300 is far from a sure thing in 2020/2021/whenever the long delayed replacements show.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Mopartial likes this.
  8. freshforged

freshforged Active Member Level 2 Supporter

yes, we've heard this somewhere before

cygnus likes this.
  9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Chrysler 300 stays through 2021 and sounds like it will survive long after 2021 as a RWD/AWD sedan.

Ian, Mopar392, wtxiceman and 12 others like this.
  10. James A

James A Member

And presumably get a refresh with its cousins in the next year or so? Will the creator of this thread be seeing what those look like this year?

11. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

FWD die on the vine or move to a different model?

12. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic Level 2 Supporter

Sorry, but whenever someone mentions Sergio "killing" a vehicle I think of this picture and a sweater-wearing Roman giving the signal to finish it off. Maybe it's because he's Italian (by way of Canada??) or maybe I'm just slowly going insane with two toddlers...probably the latter....

IMG_0175.JPG

13. Hemidakota

Hemidakota Member

I have witnessed the next gen charger but not the 300. Chrysler test engineers are more created than ever. LOL

suzq044, UN4GTBL and James A like this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

There is a solid case to keep the 300 where it is...

danbek and UN4GTBL like this.
  15. GasAxe

GasAxe Active Member

Absolutely and I'm very pleased they see the value in keeping the 300 RWD/AWD. Just wondering if the idea of a large FWD Chrysler sedan might come to fruition although there are much more pressing needs in the product category.