NewsThis really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance • Windsor loses Transport

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 or 2019 Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Hemidakota, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave Staff Member Supporter

because the old one sold so poorly?

Never will understand why some people don’t want anyone to have cars they don’t want themselves...

jerseyjoe likes this.
  2. npaladin2000

npaladin2000 LOAD "*",8,1 Level 2 Supporter

CJDR's halo car is probably going to be the Grand Wagoneer Overland. Or the Grand Cherokee Hellcat Demon SRT Trailhawk if someone is feeling particularly evil. :cool:

The way FCA wants to position Chrysler, I don't see them needing or having a "halo" car. Dodge maybe, Jeep definitely, not Chrysler.

3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

I didn't say that and technically... neither did you. You made a jab at Alfa that was not accurate and I called you on it.

Life goes on, it's not worth arguing about.

Mike

That's interesting, there was 4 at a studio in South Atlanta earlier this week... maybe they sold them.

Oh well :)

Mike

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

There have been more than one shipped to the Atlanta area. Don't know which one broke down.

Mike

5. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Active Member

Man, memories, right here.

After that big "future" news thread went stale I was concerned about hemidakota, glad to see him posting again.

Illegal Machine and suzq044 like this.
  6. duster92

duster92 Active Member

Just remember that the FWD Shelby OMNI GLHS beat the original RWD Shelby GT 350 at Willow Springs back in the 80s. The FWD Performance Mafia has been alive and well since the early eighties. There are many different flavors of "car people" and I welcome all of them.

grungerockjeeper, tlc, somber and 2 others like this.
  7. jerseyjoe

jerseyjoe Plymouth Makes It

The car that bears Walter Ps name was the center piece of Chrysler always the most advanced vehicle till foreign raiders took over. Now again a person who only desires NAFTA money is in charge. I have almost nothing against shareing the wealth but we should get what we want. Maybe I'm the royal we but I beleive there are a few people here that think like me. The 300 letter cars were the Vipers of their day, the latter was only suppose to be an announcement that we are back, now its gone. Without a halo car Chrysler will be a chitty chitty bang bang, maybe thats fine with you but it dont sit right with me. I'm sayin if no one wants fwd Dodge or Chrysler then Plymouty makes it. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

grungerockjeeper likes this.
  8. Chase300

Chase300 Member

Its clear the roll out is slow with what have only found to be the top turbo model...none of the lower 4 banger trims anywhere that I've seen.
    If they shipped more than one car to Atlanta they were all pre-sales.
    There are 2 Alfa dealers in the Atlanta area, and they have a total of 5 cars available for sale..and 4 of them are the 4C!

I think Alfa has a good lineup, they just need to get cars out to dealers as they are going to sell well IMO.
    Lots of older BMW owners who are not happy with the current BMW offerings and are looking for a new drivers car to replace them with and from the reviews it looks like Alfa understands that and has built that car.

9. bramptonbodyshop

bramptonbodyshop Member

Hang on people... be patient

somber likes this.
  10. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work... Ad-Free Member

Patience is not something exercised on these forums.

wtxiceman, npaladin2000, tlc and 4 others like this.
  11. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

The dealer I mentioned in South Atlanta had three TI turbo four cylinder and one QV TTV6 models on the lot this week with two more TI's en route.

I dunno what to tell you.

Mike

12. Chase300

Chase300 Member

13. randy1911

randy1911 Member

If by be patient you talking about the new Twin turbo 3.6 making 470hp big deal the 6.4 makes 485. I know you cant comment and the people in the know cant comment but with dodge making 700 plus hp Im really hoping Chrysler gives the 300 some 550 plus Horsepower love. We will take whats is given but FCA has the resources to give the 300 some proper COHONES

14. Chase300

Chase300 Member

On the 300 it seems to me like they have pulled some sound insolation out of it over the years.
    I've rented many since 2011 along with Chargers and to my ear the Charger always seemed to have a bit more road noise than the 300.
    However, I recently rented a 2016 300C and was surprised how much road noise it had even though it had the 18" wheels.
    It did not seem much less than my 2006 300C and is one area I think they need to focus on for the refresh.

valiant67 likes this.
  15. somber

somber 370,000 miles Level 2 Supporter

I don't mean to detract from the V8 discussion, but is it known yet if 2018 will see the PUG available for 300 and Charger?

James A likes this.