NewsDoes the Demon stop faster than the Camaro ZL1? • More Waymo Pacificas; public to test • Is this the new Chrysler crossover?

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 or 2019 Chrysler 300?

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by Hemidakota, Jan 31, 2017.

1. hmk123

hmk123 Active Member Level III Supporter

Could it be because of different trim levels? Sometimes rental car companies get some higher end models and sometimes they use base models. As far as I remember not all 300s are created equal...

2. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

3. oh2o

oh2o Moderator Level III Supporter

For the 2018 model year, no.

somber and James A like this.
  4. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

On ferrarichat that there are Giulias Ti in Vegas and SoCal. One dealer has 5 Giulias Ti.
    Alfa Romeo Giulia - Page 28 - FerrariChat.com

Meanwhile it seems that media day for Stelvio in Europe is exactly a week from today. And in Italian dealerships it will be in first weekend of March.

5. Chase300

Chase300 Member

No, this was the C trim not the base or limited trim.
    I know when the 2011 model came out you could not hear the engine at idle..this 2016 C I had no problem hearing the V6 at idle.
    I won't go into putting the V6 in the C model than the Hemi.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  6. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Chase300 likes this.
  7. James A

James A Member

Is that because 2018 is not the refresh year or because the refresh just isn't getting the PUG?

somber likes this.
  8. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality Level III Supporter

2018 CALENDAR year is the refresh I believe, so it will be a 2019 model. @oh2o can confirm that....

somber and James A like this.
  9. James A

James A Member

So we probably wont be seeing the debut this year then? That sounds like we'll see it at a 2018 auto show and then see it on sale at the end of 2018 as a 2019. *sigh*

10. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Member

There definitely needs to be some other vehicles built around it in the Chrysler product line to compliment it stylistically.

aldo90731 and DarkSky like this.
  11. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Maybe there will be... only time will tell.

Mike

12. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Member

Agree 100%. I'm a fan of the fwd turbo Mopars myself....in fact a '84-'86 Daytona with some nasty upgrades is on my 'must have someday' list.

Like the other cars I mentioned, fwd turbo Mopars are compact in size...fwd and a healthy boosted 4 banger performs really well on a platform like that. Unlike these though, the Mini, GTI, and Focus are in production now and there are plenty of good examples out there.

Where I was going is that from midsize and larger, fwd layouts tend to not lend themselves to performance oriented applications. There have been plenty of attractive coupes (Grand Prix, Probe, Avenger/Sebring) that are midsize fwd v6 but none of them have caught on with gearheads. Probably high on the list of reasons that class of car is near extinct whereas V8 rwd muscle is thriving.

13. grungerockjeeper

grungerockjeeper Member

It sold slow, yet its still in production for export. Seems that a few thousand extra sales are just gravy and some extra walking around money for next to no extra investment...why take it off the table?

I don't think anyone here is for denying anyone the option of something they want. A fwd 300 would be actually doing just that though...IF its the only choice. I cant speak for anyone else but I have no problem with a large fwd Chrysler existing, as long as it doesn't supplant the rwd 300. The 300 is the halo car for Chrysler, and like the LH cars a large fwd would be a nice entry in its class but wont have the passionate following as a rwd. I realize this forum is made up of enthusiasts but what I'm hearing repeatedly is that for those who appreciate the 300 for what it is, a Charger is NOT an acceptable substitute anymore than an appliance grade fwd. Ill say it again, if the Pacifica platform spawns a CUV and both are successful then there could be a business case for a sedan variant just to get more mileage out of it. The 300 has plenty of compelling reasons why someone would seek it out. A fwd variant, I'm just not seeing it.

14. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather Level III Supporter

So if 2018 calendar year (2019 model year) is he refresh, then there is almost no way the Alfa-Dodge is going to be for 2020 model year, and even 2021 would be quicker than would seem likely.
    To me, it seems like it's stretching the LX based cars out a year or two more so the Alfa cars can get refreshed and hand down the old tech to Dodge at that time.

15. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Active Member

This sounds the most plausible.