Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 Ram production/color changes

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by jwp44, May 29, 2017.

1. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Ad-Free Member

Tungsten - Max Steel Limited with a Beige Interior
    Octante Red PWag - bad [I should have my mouth washed out with soap for using such terms]
    White Sport - "Everyone was asking for the "R-A-M" badge on the grille"... actually I've had many more clients complain about the grille and tailgate than be happy about it.

TrueNorthTint and UN4GTBL like this.
  2. pensfan

pensfan Active Member

I was wondering the same thing when I watched the video. If the chrome letters were so loved, they wouldn't be offering body colored as an option on the Limited.
    The grill looks as bad to me now as the first time I saw it. There are a lot of Rams in my area, and I see very few Limited models on the street or on dealer lots. I'm not a chrome fan, but the grill ruins the appearance of an expensive truck. It ruins the Sport too, even though it is painted.

BobbiBigWheels and UN4GTBL like this.
  3. BobbiBigWheels

Ad-Free Member

Yup - the general consensus that I've had is thumbs way down on the > = R A M = < Grille.

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Yet sales continue to climb.

Mike

DarkSky likes this.
  5. JeepandRams

JeepandRams Active Member

I have had people who would only buy the truck with the "RAM" grille, but mostly it's 50/50 between those who hate the grill and those who don't care, same with the "RAM" letters on the tailgate. Half are OK with it and some passionately hate it while a couple people put the new letters on their old trucks.

Devildodge likes this.
  6. BobbiBigWheels

Ad-Free Member

I'd like a sales breakdown of trim levels that have it and don't, cuz the Sport is the most common truck on the road out here and this new grille is going to definitely be polarizing for our top selling trim.

7. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Lots of people like the new grilles. One of the guys from our local car club, took his Ram Sport in Ignition Orange and put a matching colored Ram Rebel front clip on his truck and it turned out really good.

[​IMG]

Here is the truck before...

[​IMG]

Devildodge likes this.
  8. BobbiBigWheels

Ad-Free Member

@redriderbob - I don't consider the Rebel grille the same as the 28K/28V pack trucks. Aside from the RAM lettering, the design is very different. That Orange truck looks phenomenal, but so do Rebels.

9. hemirunner426

Level 2 Supporter

We as hard core Mopar fans have to remember,without Fiat Chysler would be dead.

10. Mopartial

Mopartial Fits and Finishes
    Level III Supporter

Maybe. But with Fiat, Chrysler may die.

11. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Still ya gotta admit a chance is better than none, right :)

12. DarkSky

DarkSky Fully Charged
    Level III Supporter

I think the Sport is still available without the RAM grille? Was under the impression the grille and tailgate were part of a Sport Appearance Package.

13. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Hrrmm

Not sure if it is an issue with a early release code guide but it seems that the Beige Interior is not being included with the Tungsten Limited package currently.. The Beige interior to me seemed out of place with all of the Sport exterior items.

14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Ram Tungsten builds on the popular Limited trim with an even higher level of sophistication and attention to detail. Notable additions are a truck segment-first Light Greystone suede headliner and ultra-premium “Natura Plus” Frost and Indigo-colored premium leather throughout the cabin, including the seats, instrument panel, steering wheel, center arm rest and doors. Tungsten models also feature Indigo-colored carpet with rubber floormats and snap-out Frost and Indigo carpeted inserts. Real wood interior components and unique badges complete the first-tier trim.

The 2018 Ram Limited Tungsten is available in the following colors: Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black Crystal, Delmonico Red Pearl, Granite Crystal Metallic, Maximum Steel Metallic (1500 only), Pearl White and True Blue Pearl.

BobbiBigWheels likes this.
  15. BobbiBigWheels

Ad-Free Member

Good to know the "Tungsten" was referring to the interior, I had thought the package was locked on Max steel paint. Suede headliner is an interesting change.

redriderbob likes this.
  16. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

I wish they'd also make some changes in the bottom trim. I try to build a Tradesman with vinyl seats (farm animal smells tend to make themselves at home in cloth seats), but to get the Ram Box requires me to get cloth seats. I don't understand why a feature like Ram Box would be linked to cloth seats.

17. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

That is one thing I don't undersrand, but I guess it is a business thing. Why you can't just get the one item you want instead of having to take on a package.

And man I hate when you pick the Cummins with the 6 spd and then change to the Hemi and bam, everything changes. I want the manual with the 6.4.

But red rider did say there could be a manual in the 1500, just hope they give it to the 2500.

But right now, all Rams are so on point that they obviously know what they are doing.

The truck I would build...powerwagon regular cab long bed 6.4 hemi 6 spd manual Macho Mango. Slip on a supercharger. Oh man...but I know...no business case.

somber likes this.
  18. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Thus far all we know for a 100% sure is Ram is bring back the following colors...

Bright Silver Metallic, Bright White, Brilliant Black Crystal, Delmonico Red Pearl, Granite Crystal Metallic, Maximum Steel Metallic (1500 only), Pearl White and True Blue Pearl.

19. hpaine8081

hpaine8081 Member

I tried to order the Tungsten 1500 in pearl white and it wasn't available. I ended ordering another longhorn in pearl white with the southfork package. should be in in 8 weeks hopefully.