AF: 2019 Challenger Information | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Challenger Information

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by V6305, Feb 12, 2018.

1. V6305

V6305 Member

2019 Challenger Production and ordering dates:
    (Last day of production for 2018 Challenger: July 2018)

2019 order banks open USA: July 2018
    2019 order banks open Canada: July 2018
    2019 production launch: August, 2018
    2019 press Launch: September 1, 2018
    --------------------------------------------------------

2019 Challenger model lineup (partial list, tentative)

SXT
    SXT Plus
    GT AWD
    GT RWD
    R/T
    R/T Shaker
    R/T Plus
    R/T Plus Shaker
    R/T Scat Pack 392
    R/T Scat Pack 392 Shaker
    R/T Scat Pack 392 (special performance edition)
    R/T Scat Pack 392 Wide body
    SRT 392
    SRT 392 Wide body
    SRT Hellcat 6.2L (707 HP)
    SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody (707 HP)
    SRT Hellcat 6.2L Widebody SE (>707 HP)

What's New: 2019 Challenger

(Information in progress)

- Expanded wide body models
    - New RWD GT
    - New R/T Scat Pack 392 (performance edition)
    - New Hellcat WB (special edition)
    - New Electric Power Steering (Standard on Hellcat models)
    - New _______ (Standard on Hellcat & RT 392 models)
    - New _______ (Standard on Hellcat models)
    - New _______ (WB SE & R/T SP SE only)
    - New __L engine
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

-- Compiled by ResumeSpeed

2. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Any other details on scat pack performance edition - does it include more power?

3. Chase300

Chase300 Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, please tell me the T/A will continue.

4. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

If its indeed gone I expect it to make a full return in 2021 has a T/A that actually handles and competes against the GT350 and Z/28. Just a guess though...

Devildodge likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

GT RWD? What could that possibly be?

6. Charger Red

Charger Red Well-Known Member

If I know my Mopar well enough, a specialized model like T/A will have to wait for enthusiasm over the "new Challenger" to wane. Figure 2024 or so.....

7. V6305

V6305 Member

My personal theory is that it'll get the Daytona treatment

8. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

I agree but that's 7 years from now so I have to politely disagree and the new platform wont take much at all to be a road course killer. In the very least it'll be an R/T based package to compete against the SS 1LE right out of the gate.

9. MoparJoe

MoparJoe Well-Known Member

Pretty spot on. But i dont expect the new _l engine till 2020 model year

10. TheViking

TheViking Active Member

Interesting to see all the expanded wide-body models for 2019!

11. Charger Red

Charger Red Well-Known Member

Oh, I certainly agree that there is the material to be able to compete even with what is currently available. They could capitalize upon the longer, wider wheelbase and "play" in an area that allows them to excel in their strengths as opposed to their weaknesses (which is where everybody else is at). BUT - My dogged faith and optimism has most always been stomped upon. Smaller organizations need to do what they do to survive I guess.

12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

It's the same car as the current full-loaded GT AWD, just with RWD only.

13. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

So basically like the SXT Plus?

guyverfanatic and James A like this.
  14. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Basically, No more SE trim (SXT is base model) GT is SXT Plus yes.

James A likes this.
  15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

But the Demon thread is not the place to have this discussion... @DarkSky should move that stuff over to a different thread

Ryan likes this.
  16. James A

James A Active Member

"
    - New __L engine

New rims and a new engine?... 2.0T....? Or maybe the hybrid 3.6 and 5.7?

#16 James A, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    guyverfanatic likes this.
  17. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

Was SE recently re-released? I thought it was discontinued when the 2015 model came out. This change seems kind of redundant to me.

guyverfanatic and James A like this.
  18. James A

James A Active Member

Any 2019 Charger info?

19. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Sorry I am discussing Charger...

Challenger got it's GT AWD in 2017.5... it was a SXT Plus with added with the same system in Charger AWD...

"The Dodge Challenger GT features Dodge’s high-performance all-wheel-drive system. Also found in the Charger AWD, this technologically advanced system includes an active transfer case and front-axle disconnect for excellent all-season performance and fuel economy. The Challenger GT seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive with no driver intervention. Under normal driving conditions, the front axle is disengaged and 100 percent of the engine’s torque is directed to the rear wheels. This preserves the outstanding fun-to-drive performance and handling characteristics inherent to rear-wheel-drive vehicles. When sensors indicate the need for additional traction, the system automatically engages the front axle, instantly transitioning Challenger GT into all-wheel-drive mode.

Enhanced with Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), the Challenger GT AWD has impressive handling on all surfaces, especially snow and ice. VDC provides excellent traction on slippery surfaces and also helps the driver maintain the desired vehicle path. Enhancing the on-road dynamic performance using precise front-to-rear torque control integrated with the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system, VDC maintains Challenger’s fun-to-drive character, regardless of road conditions.

In addition, the new Dodge Challenger GT AWD features paddle shifters and Sport mode. With Sport mode active, gear changes are quicker and revs are held higher for even more performance-oriented acceleration and higher shift dynamics. For even more control, the driver can also use the die-cast steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters and view gear election through the full-color Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) centered in the instrument cluster.

The Challenger GT Super Track Pak button activates Dodge Performance Pages and launch control features embedded in the 8.4-inch touchscreen radio. Visible performance information, such as reaction times, 0-60 times, G-force indicator and lap times, can be monitored, and even mirrored, in the 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable cluster display. The new Challenger GT model also features three-mode ESC with “full-off” mode, a fun feature for drifting through snowy scenes."

For 2018 model year the Challenger GT AWD got "4" badge on the spoiler, UConnect 4 system, and optional black pocked wheels as well as an option for a Blacktop model.

Charger on the other hand... eliminated the SXT AWD cars and added the same content from the Challenger GT AWD. Charger GT AWD offers two models currently.

"Charger model lineup on vehicles equipped with the award-winning Pentastar V-6 engine V-6, now offering SXT, SXT Plus (available with and without leather seating), GT and GT Plus (with a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle disconnect all-wheel drive system)

For 2018, Dodge repositions its Charger model lineup on vehicles equipped with the 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6, now offering the SXT, SXT Plus, which is available with and without leather seating, and the GT and GT Plus equipped with the segment’s most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system. Offering a sleek and aggressive look on all models, the performance exterior is now available on the SXT Plus with Super Track Pak, which includes Nappa/Alcantara performance seats, while the GT AWD comes standard with a Gloss Black fascia applique and 19-inch aluminum wheels."

guyverfanatic likes this.
  20. HWDan

HWDan Active Member

- New __L engine

My guess 7.0L because "Dodge"

That magic number (rounded up of course) would definitely stir the pot all over again.