Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 charger refresh?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by ddeeaa, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Active Member

Well we all keep hearing that we will see versions. We shall see. Rumors persist that L will be reworked instead of replaced. Like always, FCA plans seem to change, or delayed. Until new boss is named, I expect this to continue.

2. wtxiceman

Level III Supporter

Looks like a 15 charger, a 14 charger and a 300 grafted together.

3. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Nope - its just a BMW 5 series with a cross hair grille (that Dodge doesnt even use anymore)

suzq044 and UN4GTBL like this.
  4. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Didn't bob go over this by saying that Maserati would get the current alfa platform and once they did their tweaking hand it over to dodge to use also like the lx is currently used between the 2-3 makes?

5. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Roofline is Taurus. It’s been clearly stated many times that the “masked bandit” design from the Charger SRT and Durango SRT will be the basis of Dodge styling going forward.

6. Erik Latranyi

Level III Supporter

Current boss is picking the new boss....don' expect major changes.

Mr.Source, Max Wedge and Adventurer55 like this.
  7. Lee N. Burns

Level 2 Supporter

Not picking on anyone, but it's telling that such an obviously hideous photoshop (or whatever it was) already had some fans.

I think this is how incredibly ugly bad get into production... There is a certain segment that just wants to like something "new", coupled with people who are afraid to be "judgmental"... One of the seven deadly sins after the evaporation of testosterone from western society.

ClayBelt40's likes this.
  8. James A

James A Active Member

Hearing this isn't happening. The plan hasn't changed (again). Nothing until 2021 when redesign comes out. Making the SRT fascia available throughout the lineup and that's it.

9. hotmach

Level 2 Supporter

Really . . . his thread comments will be based on a bad illustration from an enthusiast ?

I thought Suzq does this based on insiders, when enough info is offered it get posted in Allpar news ?

We might want to press Oh2o for more cryptic news . . . nothing to see here unless its just entertaining to view an evolving accident scene.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

This whole thread is a waste of bandwidth :)

Mike

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

I can’t fault people for getting excited for any “news”, but threads like this remind me of the angry cat Christmas movie...it gives you a bit of an Xmas movie fix, but at the end you’re just left wondering “what the heck did I just watch??”. :p

UN4GTBL and suzq044 like this.
  12. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Lol, most of the renders from allpar artists are based on insider info. Some have more info than others, but yeah. Like I said in my post on this subject, it's just someone with a 3d program that was messing around.

ScramFan likes this.
  13. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

Haha,... As well as my time... Can I get a refund on the 5-minutes that I have lost?? :cool:

djsamuel likes this.
  14. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic
    Level 2 Supporter

**All sales are final. Not for use with some sets. Void where prohibited. See in store for details.

mdh1776, dakota21, tlc and 1 other person like this.
  15. ddeeaa

ddeeaa Active Member

its just that i've been looking at the same charger the same challenger the same 300 and all those god awful black rims on all those cars they all look the same refresh something anything^&$#&_&*&^^$$#$%^&&^*+!!!!!

16. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

I hear new wheel designs are coming out soon.

danbek likes this.
  17. ddeeaa

ddeeaa Active Member

its just that i've been looking at the same charger the same challenger the same 300 and all those god awful black rims on all those cars they all look the same refresh something anything^&$#&_&*&^^$$#$%^&&^*+!!!!!
    i read that here before also. i was hoping someone could get me interested in these cars again

18. hmk123

Level III Supporter

In the days of 24x7 news cycles I guess we need constant updates. Nothing wrong with using a great design for a long period of time. The timeless MB W126 S-Class was in production for twelve years. I pull my eleven years old well maintained Magnum SRT8 out of the garage and IMHO it still doesn't look dated.

Sure, some weight savings and overall updates couldn't hurt. But in general I find that the Brampton cars still have a lot of road presence. Would take one over anything foreign...

19. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

How did that work out for Mulally

20. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Exactly what I've been saying - if they screw up the redesign of those cars it'll be the end of an era and many owners will simply disperse to other brands. They have an extremely important job at hand and that F22 raptor looking Challenger-thing isn't the answer IMO.