Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 charger refresh?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by ddeeaa, Nov 26, 2017.

1. oh2o

Level III Supporter

You have... no worries... :).

dakota21, Zagnut27, ScramFan and 2 others like this.
  2. EVOL

EVOL Active Member

Lord have mercy I hope you are right - that thing was ridiculous looking and would appeal to ZERO current Challenger owners

3. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Probably still black or dark gray. It is sad.

somber likes this.
  4. Christopher

Christopher Socially Unacceptable
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

DarkSky likes this.
  5. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why so many people here want to see the end of the LX/LA/LD, platform. I personally think it has been outstanding for Chrysler products, and with some work could last another decade. There is no reason that other cars/crossovers could be worked onto Giorgio, thus recouping investment dollars, but I see no reason why the two architectures can't co-exist within FCA, at least until the utility of LX has been fully utilized.

Devildodge and freshforged like this.
  6. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Because years 2020 and 2021 are the ones when some Italian products on Giorgio will come out. They are similar in size to current Chrysler 'L' cars. So sharing would be good thing for company. Durango and Grand Cherokee are also involved in this story.

ScramFan and Deckard_Cain like this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

DarkSky likes this.
  8. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Boy that's good to hear, oh2o. Just let's hope the Challenger will evolve and keep it's current appeal.

9. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

Looks like the guilia

10. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

It's not "Chrysler and Dodge". it's FCA. Where does this misconception that the brands are separate entities in the group comes from?

T_690, Morty and bluskye like this.
  11. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Mostly because it was previously reported that Chrysler and Dodge would receive their own models to help amortize the platform. So maybe the better way of putting it is how does FCA allow a disproportionate amount of money to be spent for Alfa without utilizing Chrysler and Dodge? I admit, the switch in cost structures from top hat platforms to modified architectures still perplexes me some. How the engineering cost is allocated is my assumption on what gives the new process an advantage over flex. Nevertheless, I trust the experts on here that say it is a positive step forward. We will see the proof when more new product finally arrives.

somber and Erik Latranyi like this.
  12. BobbiBigWheels

BobbiBigWheels I'm likely at work...
    Level 2 Supporter

"We have... no idea... ;)"

UN4GTBL and DarkSky like this.
  13. auric

auric Well-Known Member

Because they are marketed that way?

If they removed the alfa badges off a giulia and replaced them with fiat badges would would they be able to charge the same price even though it is the same car?

#53 auric, Nov 29, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Erik Latranyi likes this.
  14. cygnus

Ad-Free Member

The money to pay off current debts related to the Giorgio platform investment come from Jeep/Dodge profits. The vast majority of it.

To which you'll respond - well Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep would have died without Fiat. The functional reality is that it has been more of a stewardship than financial bailout. What equity did FCA put up to purchase Chrysler? FCA essentially took out equity from the reorganized structure, and borrowed against it to the full enterprise value of what it was worth less the pension obligations/debt it shed in bankruptcy.

Ford/GM would have been happy to have soaked up the CDJ buyers.

GasAxe likes this.
  15. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

The money came from FCA profits related to selling highly profitable Ram and Jeep models.

16. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

Me. I don't care what they're called now days! Dodge and Chrysler will and always be separate from Fiat in my book! It seems that Chrysler is once again the cash cow in helping Alfa to get back to F1? Ain't doing it with their own money, They simply couldn't afford it yet dodge is lucky to compete in any major motor sport that will enhance Mother mopars image.

I Apologize in advance for my rant:)

17. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

uh.... dodge has the trans am racing team and Mopar has NHRA.. also Alfa Romeo NAME is going back on F1 Cars. Not the brand as a whole.

18. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

And they have spent years in NASCAR, which many people here regard as a complete waste of money, myself included, yet we don't whine about the fact that it is just a spec series without any real Dodge cars in it at all. It's an advertising thing, same as with Alfa, get your name, and a few wins, before the public eye, hopefully that translates into sales. And if Ferrari pulls out of F-1 as threatened, then FCA will still have some skin in the game. Good Planning and Marketing , IMO.

edgecrusher likes this.
  19. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Ferrari. Once again. Ferrari. Basically Alfa Romeo F1 program will be financed by Ferrari.

bluskye, ScramFan and Deckard_Cain like this.
  20. con383

con383 Well-Known Member

Ok. So can anyone shead some light on the cost to be in f1? Somehow I doubt Ferrari is earning enough millions it takes to be competitive without some financial assisance from fca