Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 charger refresh?

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by ddeeaa, Nov 26, 2017.

1. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

I'm not sure what it costs, but I recall reading an article a number of years ago that Ferrari was actually making money racing when most lose money on it. Of course this was back when they were pretty dominant, so who knows today.

ScramFan likes this.
  2. CivoLee

CivoLee Active Member

Aww...I was kind of looking forward to seeing a less-retro Challenger that still kept its day-to-day livability...

DarkSky likes this.
  3. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

What do you think a less-retro Challenger should look like ?

4. CivoLee

CivoLee Active Member

I don't know, but the current design is clearly just a modernization of the 70s model... There's too much looking back in modern culture and I think it's time to start looking forward again.

DarkSky likes this.
  5. Zachary

Zachary Active Member

My $0.02... What it seems like to me is that FCA is trying to avoid what happened in the 1980s with the TC and LeBaron. Same platform, different sheetmetal/interiors. The issue was the LeBaron launched before the TC, so the TC was viewed as a gussied up LeBaron, instead of a conglomeration of Chrysler engineering and Maserati style and luxury. Launching platforms with Maserati/Alfa Romeo, and then waiting a few years (redesigning and engineering) to launch the more plebeian Chrysler and Dodge models makes sense to me. I hate it, because I don't want to wait for the new platform cars to come out, but taking a platform that has such critical acclaim, and putting a Dodge or Chrysler body on it (even if most people don't know it is a revised Alfa "platform") seems to, historically, makes sense.

That being said... it is a true investment for Chrysler and Dodge. It will take time for the return, but I am an optimist in the sense that I believe this next generation of sedans will be true class leaders. Just as I believe that for the trucks, Jeeps, etc.... I believe our insiders that Chrysler (meaning the whole of FCA) has plans in the work for new products, and those are being worked on. I just think we need more patience than most of us have.

jimboy, MoparJoe and bluskye like this.
  6. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Charger.

7. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

The problem was that the TC was delayed.
    Had the TC debuted on time, it would have looked stunning compared to the square 82-86 LeBaron convertible being sold during the planned launch period.
    Instead with the long delay, TC debuted against the new swoopy LeBaron introduced in 1987.
    Had TC not been delayed, it would have been the style leader, not the follower.

Zachary likes this.
  8. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Active Member

Its not a revised Alfa platform. It would not likely exist without Dodge because it would not have been profitable if it were only Alfa using it. Its a FCA platform. Alfa was just first to use it so they could re establish themselves in North America. Expect Dodge Jeep and Maserati to all utilize it and possibly the chrysler brand should the revised 300 not use the updated L chassis that maserati is currently using.