AF: 2019 Ram 1500 secrets revealed | Page 20 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Ram 1500 secrets revealed

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Nov 1, 2017.

1. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Ram pages??? You may be on to something there.

suzq044 likes this.
  2. oh2o

Level III Supporter

Not aware of any such concept...

3. Don W

Don W Active Member

unnamed.jpg Well I decided to use my Sunday to sketch out what the grill might look like. Yes the artwork is terrible but I think this could be it. Looking at the red truck (very closely) under the padding there was two lines bulging. It may not be a tech rendering but I wanted to throw this out here. Yes, there's no chrome here I just wanted to do the bars. I know people at this point are sick of the grill and the crosshair and the pig snout talk, but I thought I could just share what I think.

4. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

Hmm, i swear that was one of the hints given. e.O

GasAxe likes this.
  5. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

Already been shown...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Don W

Don W Active Member

I don't get the first grille it looks incomplete. They're just gonna have RAM or whatever in the middle? No bar going into the headlights? Confused.

7. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

"Direct Text Display", as in something that would maybe display a text in a HUD for the distracted driver in all of us?

8. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Bob, I think he's right that the grill in the maroon truck is actually different in that it has dual chrome bars hidden under that camo in the middle that extend from RAM kinda like this ===RAM=== and then curve into the chrome surround kind of like the old double line crosshairs of a few years back for Dodge cars. like this without the distinct verticle, just the indented verticle (note that vertical indent is not there in the first pic you provided (i.e. two different grills)
    [​IMG]

dsooby likes this.
  9. suzq044

I think that's available in other cars & in the aftermarket, so I think that'd negate that being accurate, based on hints.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. Don W

Don W Active Member

[​IMG]Yeah I spent some time before I uploaded it, looking real close at this pic. Look closely you can see two bulging "bars" and then in the middle it just sinks back in. This signals some chrome at the top and bottom or something. If this is the case then personally I think this will be a stylish grille.

Duster, Deckard_Cain and suzq044 like this.
  11. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

[[​IMG]

I feel this is the best angle to date !:p

danbek likes this.
  12. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

I’ve said it numerous times in the Ram 1500 threads: people are going to be very happy with DT.

13. suzq044

Don't forget how interchangeable these grilles and headlights are going to have to be between trim levels. They could easily be putting the "wrong" or "filler" grilles on these trucks to mess with the masses. It's rarely accidental that they leave visible that much of the vehicle.

ScramFan likes this.
  14. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

I think they get a kick out of people lambasting it, so they show akward angles and mismatched trucks so the over analysis by some leads to great fun for us who love a Ram no matter what.

It is going to be a great truck with a trim level and a grille for every taste

ScramFan, ramajama and suzq044 like this.
  15. Don W

Don W Active Member

The nice thing about RAM is that you can choose what grilles you want. Honeycomb, chrome, some chrome etc. Expect that to return. I agree with @MoparGuy413 this is going to be a great truck kicking off another great generation of (dodge) RAM trucks.

Deckard_Cain, danbek and suzq044 like this.
  16. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but they should have a default look but several personalization options for the grille for an extra fee. It's a nice way to get profit and allow people to personalize their truck.

somber and thebluegoat like this.
  17. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Where has Ram given an option to choose what grille you want on a truck?

If that were the case, then the DS trucks would be offered with both the crosshair and the nostril grille across all trim levels, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Some trims gets black, some get body color, some get chrome. Some get crosshairs, some get nostrils. All depends on trim level.

I doubt highly that will change for DT.

CherokeeVision and GasAxe like this.
  18. Don W

Don W Active Member

The nice thing about RAM is that you can choose what grilles you want. Honeycomb, chrome, some chrome etc. Expect that to return. I agree with @MoparGuy413 this is going to be a great truck kicking off another great generation of (dodge) RAM trucks.
    Yes that's what I meant trim level. For example, if you don't like the big horn chrome get the sport package. Similar in price.

19. suzq044

You can buy the grille you want in the aftermarket, many do.

UN4GTBL and Don W like this.
  20. Deckard_Cain

Deckard_Cain Active Member

But if Ram offered people the grille they wanted when purchasing they would profit from it. Not the after market.
    They would get the money from that personalization option. And it should not be attached to a trim level. A bit like a few models allow you to choose a different color for the roof of your car than for the body for example.

somber likes this.