AF: 2019 Ram 1500 secrets revealed | Page 21 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Ram 1500 secrets revealed

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Nov 1, 2017.

1. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

Given that the grille is going to be tied into the headlights on the higher end trims, this makes the concept of just swapping in whatever grille you want a bit trickier.

2. Don W

Don W Active Member

Curious as to why you and other people think. What trim level will you get the horizontal bar going into the headlights? I'm thinking sport and above. Big horn and lower will get the second grille option.

3. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

[​IMG]

This is most likely going to Laramie and above, see the grille going under the the headlight housing. Cant say whether or not it would be the sport package as well, but in body color rather than chrome, but it's certainly a possibility. Bighorn/ lonestar will most likely get the horizontal bar running to the center like you talked about before. I personally think that will probably be the better looking grille though, the blacked out slats with a chrome bar in the middle should look pretty sharp.. In the picture above there is alot of tape covering up much of the chrome bits so it's a bit deceiving but that's too much chrome for this guy.

4. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

In short, the headlights are the give away, the front end above has the LED headlights that will be on the upper trim levels.

suzq044 likes this.
  5. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

Yep, that's the modern interpretation of the crosshair blended with the current RAM lettering. It should look very nice. It may not satisfy the "crosshair purist", but I think most will come to appreciate it.

6. DAGAR

DAGAR Active Member

expect that to be all chrome under the tape

suzq044 likes this.
  7. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

You could just as easily put GMC on that grill.

8. suzq044

suzq044 Resident Photoshop Nerd

You know what. I think I'm glad that the biggest gripe in this thread about this truck, is one of the most easily replaced parts of it. Lol.

Stop.. bloody.. complaining.. Gods, you guys can be worse than a spoiled 8yr old given a Ps4, complaining that whoever gave it to them didn't get it in the right color. Jeez.

9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

That is correct. The picture above has the chrome "ram horns" as I like to call it across the top of the grille.

suzq044 likes this.
  10. Don W

Don W Active Member

Yes and I think if you don't necessarily like it at first it will grow on people. I'll end up liking both grilles but I probably won't like one at first.

suzq044 likes this.
  11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

The original design for DT was to have the crosshairs' crossbar go into the headlight assembly. This element was dropped for the "RAM" text grille instead of continuing with the crosshair design. Then design put what I like to call the "Ram Horns" on the top part of the grille and headlights (since it has the look if you straightened the Ram logo out) instead of the original design which called for it to be flat.

[​IMG]

12. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Does everyone buy the truck for the grill besides me?

13. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

2019-Dodge-Ram-1500-pickup-truck-spy-shot-lights.jpg

You can see the grille how it sticks out here.

djsamuel likes this.
  14. adrianp89

adrianp89 Active Member

It's been a while - we need a new leak.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  15. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Supporter

[​IMG]

I have gotten two messages today about this picture... it is a photoshop image of this image... dead give away... current Rebel wheels. Ram DT will have standard 18-inch wheels... Rebel has 17-inch wheels.

[​IMG]]

16. andronikus

andronikus Member

Haven't heared much on regular cabs...will the 2019 have a regular cab option? Or are they being phased out?

Would really like to see what a Sport/RT version of this thing in Regular cab would look like.

Devildodge likes this.
  17. Don W

Don W Active Member

Is there any way you could tell us that the DT will have an updated HEMI exceeding 400 HP? I really only care about that.

18. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

We're just over a month away from the truck being unveiled.

suzq044 likes this.
  19. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Active Member

Speaking of wheels, has it been confirmed if we will be getting a better tire standard than the SRA's on 20" wheel models?

thebluegoat likes this.
  20. dsooby

dsooby Active Member

The majority of the spy shots and test mules were sporting Falken Wildpeak HT's. I would say its a reasonably safe bet that will be the standard tires.

NoBrakes likes this.