Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Ram 1500 secrets revealed

Discussion in 'Ram, pickups, commercial trucks' started by Dave Z, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

A big vertical screen, like the one in the Dodge Charger pursuit cars? It looks as though that’s one of the new additions to the 2019 Ram 1500, based on the work of spy photographer Brian Williams of SpiedBilde.

[​IMG]

Although it could be two smaller screens, cleverly styled to look like one, the effect would be similar. In addition to providing more real estate for on-screen controls, this layout would make it easier to provide a 360° camera setup — an increasingly common feature in modern cars, which can be a boon to parking or to paranoid car-sitters.

[​IMG]

The photos also reveal the return of “the Knob,” a controversial shifter engineered to feel like a mechanical linkage. Used to shift gears, the knob was inspired by similar shifters in commercial trucks. This one has been redesigned somewhat. It’s possible some trucks will have knob shifters and others will have column shifters.

[​IMG]

Those who hate on-screen controls, or want a backup just in case, may be happy to see that, lined up on either side of the big screen, are physical buttons to control the climate. There is also a line of cleverly styled buttons at the bottom of the center stack.

[​IMG]

The key fob has a control for the electrically lowering tailgate — a solution looking for a problem, perhaps.

[​IMG]

The next Ram 1500 should be an interesting truck; it’s a key vehicle for FCA, along with the Wrangler, and a great deal of thought has gone into making it better without losing the things current buyers like. Ram has been factory-constrained for some time; with new capacity coming on line soon, the new design will be able to soar, if customers buy into it.

[​IMG]

With a long-awaited next-generation Wrangler debuting within weeks and the Ram 1500 following, it’s an exciting time to follow the former Chrysler Corporation.

Further 2019 Ram 1500 spy shots and information

Read the whole post here.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  2. IwantmyRAM

IwantmyRAM New Member

I joined specifically for this truck... Really hope some of the hinted features make it into production.
    Can anyone confirm the following?

-Stow n go in the 1500 crew cab?
    -Enough payload to enable building a 1500, Ecodiesel, 6 seater, air suspension, and 6' 4" rambox?
    (Not available in Canada right now, except for on the base ST model with vinyl flooring)
    -The air suspension will actually be quicker to raise / lower?
    -Better payload due to aluminum hood and tailgate
    -Better towing from tuning the 3.0 ecodiesel? (Not as important to me, but still would be nice)

I'm willing to pay 50k for a RAM 1500 that I will love, but if I have to limit my options due to payload I
    am thinking of getting the F150 for far cheaper, not the options I want, but a better work truck.

Shane Estabrooks likes this.