Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 VW Touareg Caught Completely Uncovered In New Spy Photos

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by redriderbob, Dec 18, 2017.

1. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

The German SUV appears to get a sharp makeover.
    Volkswagen’s new Touareg has been a long time coming. With a rumored debut date of early 2018, and promises of being more upscale and more advanced than the outgoing model, the German marque isn’t skimping out on its new SUV. While early prototype spy photos have given us an idea as to how it might look, cameras recently captured the new SUV in full while out on a commercial shoot.

Upon first glance, the new Touareg is more modern, and much sleeker looking than the model that it replaces. The front fascia adopts a sculpted front grille, integrated headlights, and plenty of chrome detailing. Many of the same design elements found on both the T-Prime concept as well as the new Arteon sedan carry over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out back the Touareg is equally updated. Sleeker taillights and a more sculpted rear continue the upscale theme, while two chrome exhaust tips can also be seen… though it’s unclear whether they are actually functional or just for show. Two trim levels are pictured; the blue model gives off a more sporty feel, while the beige vehicle appears to be an upper-level more luxurious model.

The new VW Touareg will share its bones with the Audi Q7, riding on VW’s MLB Evo platform. It’s unclear what kind of engine the new SUV will wield, but our best guess remains a base 2.0-liter four-cylinder, with a high-powered R model expected later down the line. The latter could put to use Audi’s 2.5-liter five-cylinder turbo.

The new Touareg is already being built at VW’s Bratislava, Slovakia facility, with production kicking off in November. The SUV is expected to make its debut in the sheet metal early next year, rumors suggesting it could show up first at Auto China in Beijing in April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2019 VW Touareg Caught Completely Uncovered In New Spy Photos (at https://www.motor1.com/news/224857/2019-vw-touareg-undisguised-photos/ )

2. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

How is this compared to the Atlas?

3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Touareg is midsize, Atlas is fullsize

4. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

Front end is kind of busy.
    I always liked VW's conservative front end styling.
    The new Touareg messes that up.

GasAxe likes this.
  5. T_690

T_690 Active Member

Something like Grand Cherokee to Pacifica based CUV.

6. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Atlas is supposed to take it's spot for teh us market so i'm guessing if you're in north america you will never see it

7. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

You sure about that? The Touareg is their "premium" midsize SUV, the Atlas is a mainstream full size CUV. I have only heard about the Touareg being discontinued here from unreliable sources, I don't think it's actually happening.

8. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

Just going off of what i've read. There's way more sources for that then fca merging with a company but yet people still believe that. The Touareg has not sold well here adn that's why they made teh Atlas just for the na market. I could easily see them dropping the T for the Atlas since they made the car for us

9. danbek

danbek Well-Known Member

Blah.......pretty much sums up both of them

Lampredi and ScramFan like this.
  10. Bajanbuoy

Bajanbuoy Durango Dave!
    Level 2 Supporter

The Touareg looks like they borrowed an Audi from the plant and fashioned a VW nose to it (by far the best iteration of it's bland and boring grill design, tho).
    The Atlas (which I like, and considered looking at before buying the new Durango, but the paltry engine choices, less towing, and boring interior wouldn't even let me go look at one in the flesh), looks like a Pilot, Highlander and an Explorer had a threesome and had a baby, then had face surgery to look like it's adopted parents, VW.

wtxiceman likes this.
  11. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

Both models are generic SUV's, Those who want to buy German and pay the price will buy them.