AF: 2020 Challenger | Page 9 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Challenger

Discussion in 'Rumors and General Chrysler Discussion' started by 1fastrunner, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ryan

Staff Member Level III Supporter

They need to replace Torred with Redline. I like Octane Red, but I’m not a fan of bright reds like Torred.

James A likes this.
  2. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Yeah, the ‘Cuda, not the Challenger.:rolleyes: Who knows how realistic that plan really was. Regardless, that’s a far cry from insinuating the Challenger was planned to be downsized. There’s no need to stir up more discontent against FCA.

T_690 likes this.
  3. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

I try to focus my posts on discussing FCA products, plans and strategies. Yes, some times the executives behind those plans and strategies are going to get it. But I am careful not to accuse fellow forum members nor attribute any hidden motives to anyone on here. I expect the same courtesy in return.

#163 aldo90731, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  4. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Anyone expecting them to show the 2020 Challenger at Woodward next week? Can we expect a carryover or will there be some novelties/special models?

5. James A

James A Active Member

6. Mopar392

Mopar392 Well-Known Member

7. James A

James A Active Member

Wait, wait, wait, wait.... new bumper for 2020? Where did that info come from? I've asked about that (and commented that they should and it made sense to) a few times and the answer was that it wasn't going to happen. Or do you consider the widebody to be a refresh? Because one package on one trim level does not constitute a refresh. Not at all. The large cars are going into their fifth year with the same looks and Stelvio will get a refresh after three - one car doesn't sell but gets a refresh and the cars that do don't...

joewho likes this.
  8. Mopar392

We haven’t seen the rest of the lineup now, have we?
    You said it clearly, why refresh a car that is still selling well for the accounting books and with their respective segment with just packaging?
    Stelvio that was spied is a test bed for the hybrid technology and not necessarily a refresh.

James A likes this.
  9. James A

James A Active Member

Using that logic, why invest money into widebody packages if the cars are already selling well? Why do anything? Waiting another 3 years justifies a refresh now I'd say. Refreshing the Stelvio with facia tweaks will not address the underlying issues that keep the Alfa's from selling. I'd just like a Charger that isn't covered in fender vents and hood scoops. I'm not a boyracer.

I asked about the rest of the lineup and the general consensus is that lower-trim models won't get the Durango face. I hope they will but that's all I've heard.

randy1911 and hmk123 like this.
  10. T_690

T_690 Well-Known Member

That's not a facelift/MCA. It's just a MY20 which will introduce some novelties inside. Infotainment will get a touchscreen but rotary know will remain. New steering wheel, new central Central tunnel with a wireless smartphone charging. So some nice subtle updates.

MCA should follow as MY21. Some new powertrains but maybe not from the very beginning of Stelvio/Giulia MCA. I'm talking about MHEV and PHEV powertrains.
    It will receive an all new Harman R1 infotainment. Eventually all infotainment systems for FCA will be based on Harman R1. Screen size should be 10.25" wide for optional unit with 8.8" for base unit.

ScramFan likes this.
  11. James A

James A Active Member

In addition to all of the things that you just mentioned, there is a camo'd nose on the car and the lower air inlets are visibly different - its a refresh.

I digress. They know what they're doing and so do it. If they don't refresh, I'm not buying. If they don't redesign, I'm not buying.

12. GuidoFL

GuidoFL Well-Known Member

FCA and Dodge have amortized the L cars tooling 10x over. Yet they keep the old E platform as well. This whole collection is very out dated to say the least and could be cured by yes springing a smaller Cuda on us ? Personally I never liked the Cuda front clip so a new car using the name would be a bold step.That said I think I'll be looking harder at the Mustangs in a few years as Ford keeps investing in that car and it shows. I'm very tired of the "next year" change that never comes !
    But FCA is hell bent on it's Ram and SUV's and Jeep line up throwing $$$$ at them. The rest get the crumbs and it's getting stale ............. Look what GM did with the C8, WOW , rocked the whole auto industry to the foundation !

aldo90731, James A and joewho like this.
  13. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Maybe it's a good thing the Challenger and Charger isn't going to be based on the Guilia with all the problems that car has had in publications?

Are the new Maseratis going to be "Giorgio" or get a new platform?

James A likes this.
  14. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Is there any press conference/event planned for Woodward?

#174 hmk123, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  15. LXbuilder

LXbuilder Well-Known Member

The whole downsizing discussion with Challenger, does anyone ever consider that Challenger has the sales it has BECAUSE it is bigger than Mustang/Camaro? I would argue that if the car has a significant weight loss and down size to compete with those cars, not only will it lose back seat comfort it will also lose customers.

tlc, hmk123 and wtxiceman like this.
  16. James A

James A Active Member

Yea, that's been a huge part of the discussion

17. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

I can tell you haven't read anything. The downsize is on the outside not the inside. The inside is gonna stay very similar size while the outside is getting smaller with short overhangs and whatnot

18. LXbuilder

LXbuilder Well-Known Member

Actually I haven't been here much in the last year as I've been too busy with other things, but that was different than what I had heard.
    Of course we hear next to nothing in the plant these days, they prefer to keep us thinking there is no new product coming at all, geez how I miss the Chrysler Corporation.

gforce2002 likes this.
  19. James A

James A Active Member

Side note, I heard that the next gens that were tested with law enforcement had V8's. I'd imagine they didn't have 392's and had 5.7's instead. Could that be law enforcement specific or does that mean the 5.7 carries on?... If what I heard was correct...

20. Mopar392

5.7 is getting a life extension with eTorque

James A and hmk123 like this.