AF: 2020 Chrysler Voyager & Pacifica | Page 4 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Chrysler Voyager & Pacifica

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by UN4GTBL, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Erik Latranyi

Erik Latranyi Well-Known Member

Stow and Go is now a decade old...so charging thousands for it makes no sense.

2. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

And it is the one real differentiator between the Pacifica and Odyssey/Sienna.

3. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

Amen !

page2171 likes this.
  4. wilbur

wilbur Active Member

Still a limited option in some models or believe me I would of got it in the RAM... :)

5. Jimmie S

Jimmie S New Member

Will Voyager get a diesel engine and come to Europe? The Voyager diesel sold well in Europe in the 1990s & later.

6. MPE426HEMI

MPE426HEMI Well-Known Member

Talked to my salesman again and asked about no Pacificas on the lot. Said he was told at a recent dealer meeting to order as many Grand Caravans as he can!

#67 MPE426HEMI, Aug 7, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2019
  7. AmbassadorSST

AmbassadorSST Active Member

Do they even sell Chryslers in Europe anymore?

8. KrisW

KrisW Well-Known Member

They don't.

The last vans sold in Europe were mostly fitted with the DCX-era 2.8 litre VM 4-cylinder 160bhp diesel engine.. which is a fine engine for a goods-vehicle, but well behind the sort of NVH levels European buyers expected. The same V6 as in the US market was also offered, but at European gas prices (and the Voyager's curbweight) this was a tiny share of an already small audience. Sales were predictably small.

Incidentally, all Chrysler minivans since the mid-1990s were sold under the "Voyager" name in Europe, but were in fact the upper trim levels of the American Town&Country model. After 2011, the car was sold as the "Lancia Voyager" as a larger successor the the Lancia Phedra MPV. The "Chrysler" name was retained in UK+Ireland, as Lancia had left these markets in the mid-1980s (this also meant we had the sight of a small number of "Chrysler Delta" and "Chrysler Ypsilon" cars in these islands). When Lancia retreated to Italy in around 2015-2016, the Chrysler brand disappeared.

There's possibly a small demand for the PHEV Pacifica over here - especially as its Canadian origin means it won't attract the 9% tariff that attaches to US-built vehicles. But passenger-vans are a very small market over here, and it's debatable if it would ever make financial sense to homologate it.

Tony K, T_690 and ScramFan like this.
  9. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Looking at cars.com it appears the Voyager is on lots now. Lowest I'm seeing is an L model for just over $26,000. There's also a 2020 Pacifica L available for $27,000. I thought there weren't moving in on each other with the prices?

10. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Well-Known Member

Cheapest 2020 Voyager I can see with pictures is this 2020 Voyager L: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/783303857/overview/

Cheapest 2020 Pacifica I can see is a 2020 Pacifica Touring: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/784965782/overview/

(That's honestly a great vehicle)

Looks like every Pacifica gets the nicer fascias now! The Voyager will get the old base fascias, so I'm happy to see that change for 2020.

wilbur likes this.
  11. hmk123

Level III Supporter

I think when the time finally comes I would consider replacing our aging Journey with a Voyager. Although one thing we like about the Journey is that it is not too big...

Quambi likes this.
  12. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Thats interesting !!!

Cdnautowrkr444 likes this.
  13. dodgeismycar

dodgeismycar Well-Known Member

I/we are seeing many trailer loads of GC being delivered to our rental car lot.
    Along with Nissan's,Hyundai's and BMWs too.

14. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

My local dealer had a Voyager on the lot alongside a new GC, The exterior of the Voyager looked okay, but my opinion the Dodge had a more attractive interior. Overall, both looked sort of bare-bones and neither would be on my consideration list, but might do well in rental fleets.

15. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I've looked at both a base pacifica and mid level caravan. The interior is much nicer then a caravan and more user friendly. I have and like my 2016 caravan SE+ but the Pacifica is the better van.

danbek, UN4GTBL, Chris mopar and 4 others like this.
  16. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I think after the first year or 2 full stow&go will be standard on the voyager. If not I will also be getting a used LXI

17. flffddy

flffddy Active Member

There's not really a change there to speak of... they just took all the Pacifica models that had the base fascia and renamed them Voyager.