AF: 2020 Chrysler Voyager & Pacifica | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Chrysler Voyager & Pacifica

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by UN4GTBL, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Illegal Machine

Illegal Machine Active Member

Update. My neighbors still don't have they're Hybrid back. They said the transmission is on back order and they're 6th in line in the country to get one. Dealer finally gave them a loaner a week ago (Grand Caravan).

Getting close to 2 months.

2. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Honestly, an almost 2 month wait is just terrible. I believe if I'd been FCA, certainly if this has miles on it, certainly there's one in their fleet they could give these people and call it a day.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  3. wtxiceman

wtxiceman Well-Known Member

Once you have purchased, you can wait. I bet they have a pile of transmissions waiting to go into new builds.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. Adventurer55

Like I've stated many times in the past, some things at Chrysler never change. It's generational. All service zone heads need to meet in Tavares' office when he assumes control. Sounds like many need either new guidance or something else more severe. I met one once at a dealer clear back in the 80s. He was at the dealer doing an "inspection". I said to him that the zone was way too slow approving warranty work. His response was he didn't care as long as his zone numbers were good. I said Lee needs to have a chat with you. He said he'd tell Lee a thing or two.

UN4GTBL, gforce2002 and Tony K like this.
  5. Tony K

Tony K Active Member

And these guys wonder why FCA - and Chrysler before - have the less-than-stellar reputation.

vipergg, UN4GTBL and page2171 like this.
  6. Adventurer55

Customers should come first. A customer, should never have to bypass the zone and call Auburn Hills to get warranty work done, ever. Dealers won't start work because they've been burned by the zone. If there's no new transaxles anywhere, that's one thing, but making them wait and tell them they're six in line is just absurd. Guarantee as soon as they hang up they are forgotten about.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  7. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Already have seen a few Voyager's this week. 2 Voyager's and one Pacifica.

8. unverferth

unverferth Well-Known Member

How can you tell the difference ?

vipergg likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Different front fascia and halogen headlights, among other things. What used to be the base Pacifica fascia is now on the Voyager.

[​IMG]

UN4GTBL, Tony K, wtxiceman and 2 others like this.
  10. hmk123

Level III Supporter

My co-worker had a loaner car for like six months earlier this year while waiting for a new engine for her Hyundai Sonata....

Illegal Machine and UN4GTBL like this.
  11. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

Looks better without all the chrome trim around . So the Voyager looks better .Not having stow and go is a big negative for Voyager . Someone up above needs to get the blinders off and just make it an option . You could get stow and go on Grand Caravan AVP models when they were out for $22000 .

#111 vipergg, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    wvutuba likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I'm almost certain that's not the response they were wanting. ;)

UN4GTBL and vipergg like this.
  13. erhemi

erhemi Well-Known Member

Easiest way I use to tell the difference is the mirrors. The Pacifica mirrors are one color but Voyagers have a black bottom part.

14. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

I can say the Grand Caravans arent slow with the 3.6 . Does the 6 speed kind of bite ? Yes. Probably the worst shifting thing we have had . Even the 4 speed which the 6 speed is based on was much better so I don't know what they did with it . The issue is the throttle response seems to not do anything when you first start pressing the gas and then abruptly starts moving . Very hard to modulate the throttle but I do not see the same behavior on my 20 Durango . Kind of amazing the differences in application. The 3.6 is coarse and buzzy in the GC and I have it in a 2020 Durango hooked to the 850RE 8 speed and the thing is beautiful . Smooth and quiet and lots of power even in the 4800 lb. Durango . It's like 2 different engines . The 8 speed is the best shifting tranny I have had so far . Hopefully it will have a long trouble free life .

#114 vipergg, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    UN4GTBL and wtxiceman like this.
  15. flffddy

flffddy Well-Known Member

It's gotten really bad, to the point that it might as well not have a warranty at all. If your dealer refuses to fix issues, what's the point? Yes, you can go find another dealer, but you shouldn't have to. If I were looking for an appliance vehicle, there is no way I would buy a new car from FCA because of the dealer experience alone.

Adventurer55 likes this.
  16. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Sooo I found this interesting. My local dealer has Voyager L's that have a flat load floor on the 2nd row. The LX's have SNG cubbies but the seats don't fold. We know the LXi has SNG but is only available to fleets. For me I don't need to fold the 2nd row into the floor as long as I can remove it, and the SNG cubbies are a bonus. I don't know if other people here HAVE to have the seats fold in floor but that piece of info was interesting to me. upload_2019-12-16_13-47-39.png

17. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I will wait for a used LXI for full stow&go

UN4GTBL likes this.
  18. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

I have heard others complain about the 6 speed..in my 2016 its been smooth as silk, I couldn't be happier with it.

Doug D likes this.
  19. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

The 62TE in the two Journey's('09 & '10) we had was smooth as well.

20. Adventurer55

My 19 Caravan rental shifted ok, but it was nowhere nearly as sharp shifting or peppy as my Charger rental. Can't believe it weighs a whole more either, so I'm not sure where the difference is. It could simply be the 8sp.