AF: 2020 Dodge Orders in the US | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Dodge Orders in the US

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by BillyRaff, Jun 9, 2020.

1. BillyRaff

BillyRaff Active Member

Hey guys,
    I am trying to order a new Charger. My dealership (that I am good friends with) basically said the FCA rep told them the factory isn’t taking new additional orders still and they’re not building new cars still in Brampton. I can put one in the queue but it won’t be built or shipped through customs for some time. I’ve seen the opposite on moparinsiders that the factory is up to two shifts. Any insight on all this?

tomaz likes this.
  2. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

the Plant might be running but they might not have the resources (parts/materials) to actually build the cars just yet.OR, they want you to buy whats already in their inventory. Thats just what i think is going on.

3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I've had a new fridge ordered since April 30th. Supposed to be here on June 23rd. Last week when I called the company, they checked the manufacturer, they have none being built, or scheduled, so I'm sure it'll get pushed back again. I think suppliers are out of parts, and maybe that's what's going on there as well.

Citation84 and tomaz like this.
  4. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

The used market is going to heat up, very quickly.
    I'd look at investing there.

wolfsblood07 likes this.
  5. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

What? I ordered a car in early May, it was built yesterday. Your dealer is FOS

tlc, BillyRaff and Ryan like this.
  6. IronMike3406

IronMike3406 Well-Known Member

It's just about everything with electronics. Hell try and find a computer or parts for computers right now.... Most of the inventory was built prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and then the extended Lunar New Year has caused major supply chain issues. We all know cars and trucks today are mostly electronics so there is one hold back and plus not all factories are up and running at full capacity so that is going to slow down everything. Most of the cars being built right now are the ones that were scheduled before the pandemic. It might 3-4 months wait just to order a new car. My local FCA dealership only has 22 cars and trucks left on the lot they usually have over 200 to choose from.....Glad I bought when I did. My Wife's boss just snagged a Ram 6.7 2500 Mega Cab 4x4 Laramie Longhorn for just under 60g truck MSRP was over 75g.

7. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Nice to know Brampton is so diversified.It's not a Kelvinator is it ? ;)

MoparJoe and AvengerGuy like this.
  8. HWDan

HWDan Active Member

I dont work there, but drive by Brampton Assembly routinely. It did start back up a few weeks ago. The employee parking lot is always full during the day and the back holding lot is full of new builds again (after being ghostly empty for some time) and carriers loaded with new cars are frequently leaving.

tlc and ShawnP like this.
  9. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

I do know 2 weeks ago you could not order Chargers, I just built one( just to see) and it looks like they are accepting orders. I ordered a Challenger Redeye last Sat and it is being built and has a est ship date of the end of the month....

HotCarNut likes this.
  10. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

Good to know. I’ve been thinking about a Charger ScatPack Widebody in Frostbite. Figured I’d have to order it...

Zagnut27 likes this.
  11. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Lol, nope, it's another brand. It is made in Mexico however, and it seems to be caught up in the shutdown from the virus. The same as parts plants for cars and trucks here.

12. AHBGuru

AHBGuru Active Member

The only models not being built at Brampton right now are the Charger Pursuits.

I have those Order/Job 1 dates over at the Police-Fleet section.

13. BillyRaff

BillyRaff Active Member

Was able to get my charger ordered. All good. Thanks guys!