AF: 2020 First 6-Month Sales - US | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 First 6-Month Sales - US

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by aldo90731, Jul 1, 2020.

1. jsucha

jsucha Well-Known Member

This article mentions that Chevy and Ford both took market share from Ram. It seems there is a lack of Classic models on the lots near Pittsburgh and I suspect all over the country. Within 150 miles there are 773 and only 15% are crew cabs. The DS shows 3000 available within 150 miles. I really think the Classic has been helping the Ram numbers big time. Having few crew cabs available doesn't help. It is like they are trying to force you into the new model. When Warren is down for almost 4 months, I think the numbers for Ram will continue their downward trend. Maybe that will force a restyle of the DS from the cab forward to a more aggressive look. I think Ford has 11 grill styles available for the '21. Why can't Ram make a few with the crosshair? It might bring a few around to liking the DS better.

2. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

All about the price!!!

valiant67 likes this.
  3. hotmach

hotmach Not an insider !

Time for the DT to stand on its own two feet. Lets finally see what that re design can muster.

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Probably so. Despite the large MSRPs on trucks, there are substantial discounts on them.

DC-93 likes this.
  5. DC-93

DC-93 Well-Known Member

I remember when you bought a truck because you couldn't afford a car!

valiant67 likes this.
  6. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

AutoNews reports today:

Dodge, which helped usher in the minivan era, is now fully dedicated to muscle. The Journey utility vehicle and venerable Grand Caravan, the top-selling minivan in the U.S. last year, are gone after the 2020 model year. With the Grand Caravan and Journey chapters ending, Dodge —once a mainstream brand with a broad car and truck lineup that stacked up against Ford and Chevrolet, and whose U.S. sales routinely topped 1 million as recently as the early 2000s— will be carried by its ‘Brotherhood of Muscle’."

"...It's really been about sharpening the needle, really getting in there and figuring out what customers are liking, and improve upon that," Nagode said."

What a bunch of crock. Figuring out what customers are liking today is only half their job; the other half is figuring out what customers will be liking tomorrow.

FCA keeps pushing Dodge further into a corner. No wonder Dodge sales are down 42% in the first half of 2020, in a market that declined 22%!

Dodge shifts to full-time muscle, drops Journey, Grand Caravan

7. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

They have totally mismanaged the Dodge brand. It really irks me. It started when a model name became a brand and has been downhill ever since

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  8. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

No it didn't really start till a few years ago when everything that should have been out (like the updated twins and a new midsize) never came

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  9. aldo90731

There’s no way to sugar coat Dodge’s 42% decline in sales.

Dodge’s push of this “Muscle” positioning is partly due to having nothing else in the pipeline; partly to spin and distract from a disastrous half-year sales results. Unfortunately, neither addresses Dodge’s dimming long-term prospects. It only kicks the can down for Mr. Tavares to have to fix at some point in the future.

saltydog, tomit and gforce2002 like this.
  10. MSwenning

MSwenning Active Member

The reason for the 42% decline is the majority of Journey/Caravan sales are to fleets. Fleets are not buying any vehicles right now, perfectly explains the fall. FCA has PERFECTLY managed Dodge the way it should have always been.

ScramFan likes this.
  11. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Will be interesting to see where FCA’s market share is a year from now...

12. aldo90731

If you think 42% of your sales going to fleet is PERFECT brand management...think again.

FreeLantz, somber and gforce2002 like this.
  13. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

Aldo, you might almost say that having almost half your sales be at the vagaries of the fleet market isn’t that great an idea!

aldo90731 likes this.
  14. aldo90731

Judging by the first half sales results, FCA has lost ~1 point in market share. Nissan-Mitsubishi are by far the biggest losers, followed by BMW.

Big gainers have been Hyundai-Kia and Mazda, and to a lesser extent Volvo. Hyundai-Kia have been greatly helped by entering the large CUV segment.

Everyone else is pretty much unchanged. Daimler and Jaguar-Land Rover haven't reported yet. They seem to take their sweet time every quarter.

hmk123 likes this.
  15. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

I wonder if Hyundai sucked up some big-SUV sales from the American groups. Big SUVs were down for GM, Ford, and Toyota.

16. LouJC

LouJC Well-Known Member

Yep, the Supra looks like the previously lithe 2000 GT 45 years later when it gained all that ungainly avoirdupois kinda like the homecoming queen who shows up at the reunion having gained 45 lbs!
    They could have done far better with this, the styling department as I have repeatedly said needs to be fired.
    Meanwhile the nice, sporty "86" made as a joint venture with Subaru is never advertised. Perhaps its time for them to dress up their spokeswoman Jan so she does not look like a school marm and start advertising some exciting cars. Nothing but the "86" interests me. Even Subaru makes more fun high performance sedans! They have assumed that building boring worldwide will pay the bills, perhaps they are right but they will not get my money anytime soon!

17. mopar22

I think you guys are severely underestimating the supra. It is outselling the bmw which just so happens to have a couple hundred dollar less in msrp by 100+ units every month

18. ShawnP

ShawnP Active Member

Not going to panic over a 4 month slump with everyone in a slump.

Here's where the month to month sales report would be useful.

This way we can track the comeback.

19. LeeRyder

LeeRyder Well-Known Member

LMAO! Not here in LA.
    I've STILL not seen a Supra.

20. mopar22

All because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they're not selling. The numbers don't lie, the supra does sell more, maybe just not in your area but when i drive to school and back i have seen more new supras then a new z4