AF: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon RECON | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon RECON

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by aldo90731, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

Yeah... no, the interior combinations had nothing to do with it. As far as customers getting frustrated because they can't find the specific interior color that they want, that applies to every other option on the roster too.

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Those $295 LED (or were they HID?) headlights, for one. I really wanted those. Only way to get them was special order. To date I have yet to see a Dart with those headlights. Why wouldn't dealers order something that made their cars unique at the time? Maybe they were afraid of anything that made their cars unique...

Challengers have all sorts of interior options but seem to sell OK.

tlc and Ryan like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

That seems to be it: "Let's just order something and hope the customer doesn't notice that it's not what they want."

I didn't even know OEM HID lights existed for the Dart. Taking a look at other brand websites, there are a lot of color combinations offered on some other vehicles that are successful.

Dave Z likes this.
  4. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Really.... Name one...... that sells over 100k units per year. The most successful high volume vehicles make the decision process simple. The number one selling compact sedan in this country is the Honda Civic with over 300k units per year closely followed by the Corolla. Guess how many interior color choices there are with Civic?

Am I saying that interior choices was the only reason the Dart failed ABSOLUTELY NOT! But it didnt help it.

5. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

Corolla has eight colors, three or four powertrains, manual and automatic, eight models, and two interiors per model for a total of... not sure but at least four ;) I only looked at two models and they had mutually exclusive interiors.

6. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

The Wrangler has two interior colors: black and tan. Using an example of a very successful vehicle from within FCA's lineup, depending on trim level, the Grand Cherokee is available in black, tan, brown, blue + light gray, and red.

The GMC Acadia is available with black, brown + gray, brown + black, and dark blue + tan. The Toyota 4-Runner is available with black, gray, tan, and burgundy. The Toyota Highlander is available in black, two shades of gray, tan, and brown. The Kia Telluride is available in dark gray, light gray (almost white), black, brown, and tan.

No, a lot of those aren't "exciting" colors like blue or green or whatever, but at least they are giving people choices.

HotCarNut and valiant67 like this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I am disappointed, but all three modern vehicles in my driveway are dark gray/black interiors. It's just the way things worked out this time - like all three being red/burgundy outside - the deals were just too good to pass up.

8. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Honda also has 2 interior color choices.....some models have only 1....... Black

My comparison was the Dart......;)

I would love a Grand Cherokee Limited or a Limited X with a saddle interior....But I understand why it cannot be offered in those highvolume models.

Offering "exciting colors" like Blue ,Green or red interiors in addition to the the current offerings of Black and tan would make stocking Wranglers for dealers lots impossible. Its already difficult.

9. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave

The PT was cleverly set up with replaceable interior panels. I like the idea of being able to customize once you have it. I recall the Corolla having an $800 real-wood option but that was just silly... (in 1999)

10. aldo90731

According to the Jeep.com builder, as of this morning the price of the Recon package on the 4-door is now a whopping $4,060 over the regular Rubicon!

The $2,755 incremental price Jeep advertised just a few days ago now only applies to the 2-door —although it shows a 4-door next to it.

Why a $1,245 price difference? Your guess is as good as mine.

11. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road

I think it's due to some packaging differences between the 2D and 4D or some other error. The actual build sheets show the $2755 msrp for the package, but the price increase for getting the engine/transmission is not included in the package price. So over a base V6 manual, the total will be $4755 to account for the package and powertrain. Of note, there is not a price difference between the eTorque and non-eTorque 2.0 on the 2D, but there is a $500 difference on the 4D.

12. Ruptured Duck

Ruptured Duck Active Member

Saw that.... ???

13. aldo90731

On the Jeep.com builder compare the starting price of Rubicon vs Rubicon Recon, for 2-door to 2-door, and then 4-door to 4-door.

Why would the engine/transmission change by simply changing the number of doors...?

14. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

There might be something wrong with their Build & Price tool anyway. :eek: Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 4.03.43 PM.png

15. aldo90731

Jeep has so many “special editions” it can’t keep track of all of the any more LOL

16. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

The painted bumper threw me off. It shouldn't have that, obviously. Something weird was that when I went into the build & price tool for that model, it showed the painted bumper for a second before loading the correct bumper. It was rendered correctly too and had a visible difference in gloss compared to the black bumper. Kind of odd for a glitch.

17. aldo90731

Is “Willys Sport” even a trim level...?

18. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I’m probably weird...well, not probably...but I kinda like that red bumper. :D

19. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

I'd like to see it with a body-color top, fenders, and grille.

20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

I want to say that they had a special edition just like that in the past, as I recall seeing a few out and about. Though they might’ve been custom jobs...but IIRC I saw a few different ones. It goes back a ways though, I think they were YJ’s.

Edit: found it! The power of the Google machine! :p

99708D6C-28DA-4703-8FE8-E1E0575773FE.jpeg

Ryan likes this.