AF: 2021 Genesis G80 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Genesis G80

Discussion in 'Auto News & Rumors' started by hmk123, Mar 30, 2020.

1. hmk123

Level III Supporter

2. patfromigh

patfromigh Well-Known Member

That is not a sedan. Real sedans don't have a driver's position trying to mimic an Indy car. No wonder a Ram pickup was the luxury vehicle of the year. The Ram has real passenger space.

Sure the new G80 has 4 doors with some serious sport mixed in, but with the cost of compromised utility.

3. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I like Genesis.

This one is darn nice.

Their CUV's are coming, too.

Did anyone else have a look at the Genesis Essentia EV, which was linked to the same sedan story?

Pretty cool.

page2171 likes this.
  4. hmk123

Level III Supporter

Side profile and rear remind me of the A7... I was surprised at the suggested starting price. But I don't see Genesis sedan sales really taking off or are they? Can their home base support all these cars? Quite impressed with their endurance so far in pumping out new models (Hyundai, Kia, Genesis).

jimboy likes this.
  5. sickboy

sickboy Well-Known Member

Interior looks smart, but the exterior is hideous. Maybe steer away from the grill and all the vents and strakes (all of which I assume are absolutely necessary) and you might have something there.
    Unfortunately too late in its life, unless someone up there gets smart, the 300 could do with a pinnacle trim level

tlc likes this.
  6. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

I got claustrophobic just looking at the interior picture from the drivers perspective.

voiceofstl and hmk123 like this.
  7. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

8. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

Does it matter? The big sedan market is (obviously) dying, so utility is clearly not a priority in the market. And don't dare say there's no big box sedans left on the market. They have an SUV verson (the GV80) for those who need more utility and space. For those who are looking for style, this is a fantastic entry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And the rear seat isn't even claustrophobic.

[​IMG]

They are not, but this G80 sedan and the GV80 SUV are the first entries with a coherent design language inside and out. The hope is that these two initial models cement the brand. There's also a smaller SUV, the GV70, coming shortly as well.

#8 serpens, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  9. djsamuel

Level 2 Supporter

The rear of that reminds me of the Stratus.

[​IMG]

10. plymouth1

plymouth1 Well-Known Member

Looks like Genesis took the easy way out on the logo and stole the Chrysler Wings logo. Changed it slightly and made it their own

djsamuel likes this.
  11. gforce2002

gforce2002 Well-Known Member

I really think it’s a great looking car, and from all reports very well executed.

page2171 likes this.
  12. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

They have been using that logo for 6 years in the U.S.

serpens likes this.
  13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Actually not that long after Chrysler made their new wing logo, which was no where near as nice as the one it replaced, IMO. You know the one Chrysler has now that looks like a 50’s Ford Thunderbird logo with the head chopped off.

voiceofstl likes this.