AF: 2021 Wrangler Equipment Updates | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 Wrangler Equipment Updates

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Ryan, Jun 10, 2020.

1. aldo90731

Staff Member Level III Supporter

Sahara succeeds because it provides a well-rounded offering for what is a highly specialized vehicle. Further, Sahara is where higher transaction prices meet volume, bringing fat profits to Jeep.

Sahara gets little respect on the forums, but Norm always viewed Sahara as the trim level that held the entire Wrangler lineup together. I didn’t understand it at the time, but in hindsight, I can see he was correct.

HotCarNut and Ryan like this.
  2. WXman

WXman Active Member

Whenever I see "X is now standard..." the question that pops into my head is "How much price increase is that going to bring?".

I'd rather see all these things become/remain options and keep the base price down. Choice is good.

Milkman123 likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

Sahara would be my trim level of choice. I don't even need Trail Rated capability at all, much less a Rubicon, but I want more equipment than a Sport offers.

Zagnut27, HotCarNut and aldo90731 like this.
  4. HotCarNut

HotCarNut Defender of Reality
    Level III Supporter

My 2012 was a Sahara, and I think I'd go that route again (or a Willys). Best of all worlds as the Saharas are Trail Rated, but more comfort-oriented than either Sport or Rubicon.

5. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Overland would be my choice probably for a Gladiator. Whatever it lacks, I can always add on my own later. Comfort on my long commute is pretty important to a not-so-old-fart like me. :D

aldo90731 likes this.
  6. JKU12

JKU12 Well-Known Member

Been daily driving Saharas since 2002. 265k miles and counting. And they do just fine off road and in the mountains :)

HotCarNut and aldo90731 like this.
  7. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Can you get max tow in the Overland?

8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

No, it's only on the Sport/Sport S.

9. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I was never interested in Sahara. Until i stumbled on my 2017 Wrangler. It's a Winter Edition, which is based on Sahara. Part of the Winter Edition package was different wheels - and the wheels were what I disliked about Wrangler Sahara the most. The Sahara wheels didn't appeal to me.

As for Gladiator, I found Sport S with the renamed Truck of the Year package right ion my sweet spot. No LED head lights, but I can always upgrade them myself.

10. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

That’s one thing that wouldn’t matter to me much as I don’t have anything large enough to tow that would require it.

All that being said, when it comes time to buy, my wants/needs may change.

11. Milkman123

Milkman123 Active Member

They make a lot more money forcing everybody to pay for expensive tech. People like us are a rarity.

I've adjusted my wants/needs as a result. Not exactly driving a car that excites me these days. But I also only paid $11,000 canadian and it has less than 50,000km on it! Wasn't gonna get close to that at all from FCA. Buying a Chrysler I was looking at minimum $22,000 with aloooot more km.

12. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Yea I would like LED head and taillights, max tow, and the 8" screen. I thought I read that the sport was going to to go all LED.

13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

They might add the LED options to Sport, but I seriously doubt they will make it standard.
    As it is now, you get the LED turn signal assembly on Sport with Max Tow.
    You can get LED tail lights on Sport with Active Safety Group.
    LED headlights and fog lights are only offered through Mopar for Sport (right now).

14. aldo90731

The LED tail lights come with the base Safety Group on Wrangler, not the Advanced Safety Group.

The base Safety Group includes LED tail lights, blind spot monitor and rear cross-path detection. The Advanced Safety Group adds Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning.

15. Ryan

Ryan Moderator

Yeah, it's strange that you can only get LED headlights on the Wrangler Sport and Sport S, not on the Gladiator Sport or Sport S. I'm predicting that'll become available for the 2021 Gladiator.

I would also not be surprised to see eTorque added to the 3.6L + 8A combination on the Gladiator to better mimic the Wrangler engine lineup. Plus, if it helps with towing a bit, why not add it to the truck?

valiant67 likes this.
  16. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I was talking about Gladiator, not Wrangler.
    It's like they made it difficult to cross shop by using different names for each option group.

17. valiant67

valiant67 ...

I also think it's pretty crappy that there are no DRLs in the US version of Gladiator Sport (unless you get Max Tow) and Wrangler Sport.

Ryan likes this.