AF: 300,000 | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by codypet, May 19, 2020.

1. blackstratus

blackstratus Well-Known Member

That's sad to hear they discontinued the program. My 98 T&C made it to the 200k and 300K and I still have the frames for both even though the van eventually succumbed to age. Maybe when my Charger gets to that mileage I will reuse them :) I had a lot of questions when people saw those frames especially when they saw the van in Virginia or Florida and I have Wisconsin tags. Was good advertising, I had no problem telling people how good that van was especially 1000 plus miles from home.

somber likes this.
  2. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I get that ALL the time. The "I didn't think Chrysler's lasted that long" speech. Cars do if you maintain them!

3. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

Yes, it was good advertising, but they didn't actually tell you about the frames. You had to learn about it by word of mouth. At the very least they could have made the frames available for a nominal fee (say $10).

somber and 06PTElectricBlue like this.
  4. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

I gave my 100,000 and 200,000 mile frames to a buddy in Albuquerque. He has a PT Cruiser that's approaching 200,000 miles on it. He's a happy camper and loves that PT.

5. 06PTElectricBlue

06PTElectricBlue Active Member

That's what I was asking Chrysler about when I sent them an email about 3 years ago. When they ended the High Mileage program, certainly there should have been a stock pile of the frames that they had already purchased. I keep checking ebay every once in a while to see if maybe somebody had bought the lot and will sell them off. I would like a 200,000 mile frame as I hope to still have my PT when it reaches that milestone, and I see no reason that it shouldn't, it still runs great and I still enjoy driving it as much today as when I first purchased it 14-1/2 years ago :cool:

somber likes this.
  6. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

This is what I found with my 63 Valiant. Once the internet hit it and it stopped being just an old car I was amazed at what was and is available for it.
    Keep on Terraplaning. Motor on.

7. Citation84

Citation84 Well-Known Member

Wonder if the "F" in FCA had it pulled so the "F" part wouldn't feel bad.

Used to be one could get metal frames made with whatever was wanted on them.

May have to have a "Town & Country Chrysler Plymouth PHX" made for the front of my Valiant to match the original one in back

8. Stephen

Stephen Well-Known Member

I got this '95 company van at 27,000 miles and drove it for a couple of years and bought it when I left and kept driving it. And kept driving it.

This is a film photo selfie, a lost art.
    300K2.JPG
    300K1.JPG

9. 06PTElectricBlue

I bet you were tense watching all those numbers roll over so that you could stop at just the right time, no matter where you were :cool:

tomit likes this.
  10. Stephen

Stephen Well-Known Member

A cold rainy day in the flat eastern NC farm country. There was not much else going on.

06PTElectricBlue likes this.
  11. blackstratus

blackstratus Well-Known Member

Not as interesting seeing the digital odometers flip but I remember the day well. I took the van for a 20 mile ride just to get it to flip :)

Attached Files:

06PTElectricBlue and somber like this.
  12. codypet

upload_2020-6-1_13-10-14.png
    In absence of a pewter plate frame, a window decal will have to do.

somber, JA Cumbo, valiant67 and 2 others like this.
  13. 06PTElectricBlue

That's pretty cool, something to mark the milestone :cool:

Chrysler could come up with a sticker, like others have, and these would be a lot cheaper, too ;)

[​IMG]

14. codypet

Yea I was bummed to see all those Toyota ones and not even a Mopar one.

15. Mark _E

Mark _E New Member

Congrats on the 300,000 miles. This is a little off topic. But I have a 1983 Chevy Silverado with the 6.2L diesel and it has over 500,000 mi on it. I got it with 157xxx mi on it. It’s trusty but really rusty lol. All I’ve done to it was rebuild the tranny 3 times and when I got it. It had been done once already.

codypet, 06PTElectricBlue and Doug D like this.
  16. Aldergrove

Aldergrove Active Member

Congratulations on keeping her going!
    I did have a 1992 plymouth voyager @ 2.5L and a 3speed AT. So dependable that i kept her to 455,000 km and sold her to her next owner. Preventative maintainance kept her healthy well beyond most of her generation.
    That plymouth voyager was good vehicle. One of the easiest and friendliest vans to service and drive.

If you look after it ... it will look after you!

17. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I wonder if Kia makes a decal? I have 102,000 on my Forte already.