Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300 Hellcat coming next year

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Fast Eddie, Sep 19, 2017.

1. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

Yep. Chrysler isn't the performance brand they said...

200 should still be here. But I will save that for one of the 100 other topics that is discussed in.

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Everyone copying and pasting from Larry's articles in Automotive News...

GasAxe likes this.
  3. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

So far, I haven't seen Larry from Auto News be right about anything. His stories keep changing every few months due to different information.

4. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

Apparently FCA has denied the 300 Hellcat rumor...but C&D isn't buying it.

To Hell with That: Fiat Chrysler Denies Chrysler 300 Hellcat Report (at http://blog.caranddriver.com/to-hell-with-that-fiat-chrysler-denies-chrysler-300-hellcat-report/ )

5. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Just want to point out that Larry V. has been a poster here on Allpar in the past and surely reads it for info. Good information on FCA's plans is a premium these days with the crack down on leaks, so I wouldn't hang him or anyone who can't be correct 100% or even 90% of the time. Our best insiders run about 80% correct from their own count.

VoiceOfReason, valiant67 and Dave Z like this.
  6. Tomguy

Level 2 Supporter

If FCA makes a 300 Hellcat, it'd be for international markets that don't get Dodge, like Australia and other areas that currently get the 300 SRT we do not. I'd be pleasantly surprised to be wrong, but don't see it.

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  7. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

No one is right every time, but over the years Larry has established a good reputation.

There is a long tradition here of attacking the messenger rather than debating issues. Sad.

#8 valiant67, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  8. geraldg

Ad-Free Member

To me Chryslers marketing stinks. Why not a 300 hellcat in the north American market. But change its name and outer appearance and see what happens. Two totally different buyers Dodge and Chrysler.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Chrysler marketing isn't what stinks. They just don't really have much of anything to market...yet.

If a 300 Hellcat was offered in the US, it would undoubtedly take away sales from the Charger Hellcat. There aren't exactly a wide range of buyers who want/can afford a 707 horsepower sedan. And with all the complaining about Chrysler needing to have a focused brand mission, there sure are a lot of people who want Chrysler to make a 300 SRT even if it doesn't align with what the brand is becoming. Some people can't be pleased.

VoiceOfReason, DAGAR and Tomguy like this.
  10. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Maybe the problem is the brand definition and the fact they make exceptions for Jeep but not for Chrysler or Ram.

UN4GTBL, wtxiceman and geraldg like this.
  11. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Jeep is the only brand with a vehicle (Grand Cherokee) that can actually compete in the luxury market. Why not take advantage of that? Chrysler is not cross shopped with Mercedes, BMW, or any other luxury brand. Jeep is - simple as that.

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  12. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

13. vipergg

vipergg Well-Known Member

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Mopar-nac The Moderator
    Level III Supporter

15. GasAxe

GasAxe Well-Known Member

Exceptions should prove the rule, so I generally like it when a brand brings out something a little against the grain. The problem with FCA is that they make tend to get all waffle-y when speaking about a good product that doesn't exactly fit the brand parameters. The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is a great product that doesn't follow the Jeep brand at all. So what? It's good and it sells. The Caravan isn't muscle. Big deal. Make a sportly looking minivan with masculine designs and sell the heck out of it. Just don't let the exception start to define the rule. Most of those FWD CUVs in Jeeps lineup should be over in Chryslers camp helping to define that brand, not watering down Jeep.

16. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

That is because those who want Chrysler to make a 300 SRT and those who want Chrysler to become a "mainstream" brand are not the same people.

There are plenty of people who spend $80,000 on a Ram truck who don't cross shop Mercedes, BMW or any other luxury brand either. So there's plenty of affluent people buying CDRs besides Jeeps.

FCA screwed up 300 SRT, then it concluded that there was no market for it and gave up. Just like it gave up on many other things...but Fiat USA.

#17 aldo90731, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    UN4GTBL and randy1911 like this.
  17. DarkSky

DarkSky Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Regardless of what a few people “want”, it’s time to accept the direction the brand is taking without complaining the whole time.

18. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

No, it isn't.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't "complain the whole time", as you put it, if I felt that this new direction amounted to more than an incoherent positioning based on inadequate thinking.

#19 aldo90731, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  19. randy1911

randy1911 Active Member

I agree with you 100 percent. Closed mouths don't get fed. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Those that accept Chrysler direction if the direction is foolish should voice their concerns. If they are correct in their direction those should understand that they are wrong. But on this issue my opinion is FCA is wrong so I agree 100 percent

Ian and aldo90731 like this.