Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

33x10.5R15, will they fit the back of my D150?

Discussion in 'Pre-1994 trucks, commercial vehicles' started by Dead Reckon, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

Long story short, I've got a tire that's already been patch plugged, which has now picked up a rock and has yet another, even larger hole in it. I'm beginning to think the tire is cursed, either which way, I will not patch it again.

[​IMG]

I found a cheap pair of 33x10.5R15's and I would like to know if they will fit the rear of my 1984 D150 on the late 70's 15x7" wheels it has.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think there is enough room for them to fit, but they are 4 inches larger in diameter, I dunno, anyone?

And yes, I know they're excessively large for a 2wd truck, but I'm in a bind, running an old spare, and I need two decent tires cheap, I can swap them out later, but I think I might like the mad max look. :D

I mean, worse case it's really rusty around the wheel wells, I guess I could do some sawzall weight savings? :eek:

2. awyseguy

awyseguy Well-Known Member

I would think so, my 84 RamCharger, despite being 4x4 has no lift and has 35 x 12.5s on the back.. and in the past have had 31 x 10.50s on both stock 1972 Fury and a lifted 76 Dodge Aspen.

3. NYBo

Level III Supporter

I doubt it will be a problem unless you carry a heavy load in the bed. Remember 4" lager in diameter makes them only 2" closer to the wheel wells.

4. Dead Reckon

Dead Reckon Member

Let's hope y'all are right, I picked 'em up today, hoping my cousin can mount them soon. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a ton of tread, but they have enough to get me by for now, they're kinda old and a bit beaten but they're 6 or 8 ply, not sure, I know they have 3 sidewall plies.

As the current POTUS would say, "They're gonna be HUGE!"

5. tophat

tophat Member

Should fit no problem. I had the same size on all 4 corners of a 85 2wd Ramcharger, an 85 D150 short bed, and on the back of a 92 D150. All trucks were factory height suspensions with no lift.