Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

392 1500, Why not?

Discussion in 'Rumors and Speculation' started by Orsalak, Oct 7, 2017.

1. somber

somber 370,000 miles
    Level III Supporter

Yes! Insiders here on Allpar have given hints that the 8 speed is coming for the HDs. I'm really interested in how much impact it will have on fuel economy.

2. Oliver392

Oliver392 Member

I had a '15 SRT Challenger and I currently drive a '16 RAM Laramie Crew. If RAM were to put the SRT 392 in the 1500 I would buy that truck in a heart beat.

VoiceOfReason and Orsalak like this.
  3. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

DT is going to offer a performance truck in the next couple of years that might shock all of you.

4. Orsalak

Orsalak Active Member

I think that is awesome and your description is vague enough that I don’t know exactly how it will shock me. But from the way things have gone lately I take it to mean it will be 70k plus. Though I am sure it will be the badest truck around, because that is what mopar does, it will only be a dream for a school teacher like myself. Never the less I am still excited to see what it will be. Thanks for the info.

VoiceOfReason and Devildodge like this.
  5. page2171

Level 2 Supporter

@redriderbob dropping all kinds of hints lately! Keep up the good work!

VoiceOfReason likes this.
  6. wtxiceman

Level III Supporter

Can I sell the challenger??

7. Don W

Don W Active Member

Made my day. You're the best dude. I missed this. [​IMG]But does anybody know or want to speculate if it will be a rebel trx esque, dedicated street truck, or will the powerplant just be put in the sport trim?

8. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

I am not going to spill the beans on everything... but I have been dropping hints for the past 6 months in various threads.

Here is my last hint...
    20171124_203026.jpg

9. Don W

Don W Active Member

Well I've been here for about a month so some people are going to have to takeover and help a brother out. Looks like the Rebel grille. The bar itself has the spray on bedliner feel so it must be heavy duty and "ready" to take on mud, snow, sand etc. There's been a 7.0 Ford Raptor rumor for 2019/20. If that's true, then this might be RAMs response.

10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Thats not the Rebel grille FYI. Look in other threads about the 2019 Ram 1500 DT models. That way you can absorb all the information.

11. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes, Ford is working on a bigger F-150 Raptor. Remember Raptor is their offroad trim... Ranger Raptor debuts in next year.

12. Don W

Don W Active Member

Yep. And thanks man I probably will dig through the threads. I was actually thinking about a couple of months about a SRT RAM. I also thought about having a new turbo 5.7 or an updated HEMI something to boost powers to the 392 levels without the additional weight and bad fuel economy. I've speculated for months before becoming a member here. Some were some might be wrong. You'll see speculation from me here and I have a feeling I'll get something right. Like DTD in the next gen truck.

13. freshforged

freshforged Well-Known Member

LRT—just make the side stacks a “crate” option plz!

14. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

Quite the quote!
    That took all the ambiguity out of it. No more could be, might be, maybe, but "is". I like "is".
    :D

Orsalak likes this.
  15. VoiceOfReason

VoiceOfReason Active Member

"7.0 Ford Raptor"
    Please pardon my ignorance, is that referring to a 7.0L Raptor? Any word on whether or not this 427 will be forced induction? Not that it would sway me as the Raptor is not in the same class as the TRX in the looks department, but it would be nice to be king of the hill from a performance perspective and have the best looking truck on the planet.
    Carbon fiber . . . ouch. I'm already teasing the limits on price with my guesstamated loaded TRX - without carbon fiber. That stuff doesn't grow on trees.

16. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

Yes.

17. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru!
    Level 2 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Lil' Red Express Truck concept from SEMA a few years back was actually powered by a Banks Sidewinder Turbocharged 5.7L HEMI. Bet many people didn't know that on here. lol.

FCA US / Mopar designed two 392 trucks as I stated before...

The 2011 Ram 1500 392 Quicksilver Concept.... here is a video I shot of it,,,

Here is the 2013 Mopar Urban Ram 1500 also powered by a 392...

[​IMG]\\

[​IMG]

18. Don W

Don W Active Member

There's also been a rumor of a 7.0L GT500 for the 2019 model year. Personally I like small displacement like the twin turbo ecoboost for performance. The reason why the raptor is so great is because of three things. Torque, lightness, tires. It has over 500 LB of torque something out of a mid 2000s heavy duty diesel and it only has 3.5 liters of displacement. Second, its aluminum (self explanatory). And also they don't use goodyears so the tires are automatically good. The 7.0 would not perform well. Big engine displacement and not that great of torque coming out of a V8 usually leads to slow trucks and not that great of overall performance especially at high elevation. But at the end of the day if it were me I need a V8 rumble and exhaust note.

19. MoparGuy413

MoparGuy413 Active Member

Hard to speculate power levels of Ford's coming 7.0L when nothing has been officially announced.

Additionally, aluminum hasn't really helped Ford all that much. Look up curb weights of Ram and Ford pre-aluminum, 14MY, and then look up the same trucks for 17MY. It might surprise you.

20. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

The question is what happens to Ram when it is updated to do well in the newer crash tests? Ram is an older design that does poorly in the newer tests while the Ford is a newer design that does well in tests.

The real weight comparison will be the F150 vs. the new 1500, not the old one on sale now. And it’s way too early for guessing the DT weight, I’d say.