NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.7L Hemi Will Live Through 2022

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by NWOHMOPAR, Mar 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM.

1. NWOHMOPAR

NWOHMOPAR Member

I haven't been able to find any of this info anywhere so I thought I would share...

I have been heavily involved with bringing a new front engine cover for the 5.7L Hemi to production. The main difference is this new cover has provisions for an automatic start/stop system set to be introduced on the Ram trucks in 2018. The supplier tasked with producing the cover has signed a contract for 390,000 parts per year with volume increases up to 500,000 through 2022. This conflicts with Allpar's prediction that the 5.7L will end production next year.

2. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

I have been saying in multiple posts in this forum (matter of fact I did yesterday too)... the 5.7L will stay in production to at least 2021. At least for the cars that is.

3. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Allpar simply hasn't updated their info, many sources have also confirmed this. Thanks for the info and confirmation but please be careful posting. We don't want your job affected by posting info.

Agreed 5.7 is here for a bit longer. Allpar News recently covered one of the potential replacements that is under development.

Mike

4. aldo90731

aldo90731 Active Member Level III Supporter

5. ramajama

ramajama Member

OOOOH HEMI with Start/Stop..I like it! That could really help boost MPGs. Which is always icing on the cake and helps to keep V8s viable. That alone could possibly bump the HEMI's MPGs past EcoBust's....they basically get the same MPGs as it stands now in the real world.
    LONG LIVE THE HEMI V8!

guyverfanboy likes this.
  6. dakota21

dakota21 Member Supporter

Will it be getting another power boost soon? I'd like to see the 5.7 break the 400hp barrier.

guyverfanboy, jerseyjoe and ramajama like this.
  7. ramajama

ramajama Member

I agree, Its been stagnant for a bit now. Going on five years. If I didnt like the whole truck as a package so much I probably would've moved on a few years ago for that reason alone. No Bueno RAM. They got to bump it up

8. Mopar392

Mopar392 Active Member

Might be finally soon.. For the trucks...

somber likes this.
  9. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Yes.

guyverfanboy, somber and dakota21 like this.
  10. FGA cheerleader

FGA cheerleader Member

There will not be a TT Pentastar? It does make sense. Keep 5.7 liter till at least till GME T6 comes.

11. Muther

Muther Active Member

I have heard that the 5.7 will break 400, and the 6.4 will also get a commensurate power boost. (They can't have both engines with output numbers starting with 4.). Both will get HP increases, along with torque increases. Nothing huge, just incremental, but enough to make a "real" difference.

These were from sources that would not commit absolutely. So, more than rumor, less than fact.

somber and dakota21 like this.
  12. EVOL

EVOL Member

Lots of false info on this site, you have to know the difference between what's real and what is speculation / click bait

Erik Latranyi likes this.
  13. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Yes and yes.

Mike

14. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Can you break it down for us? What's false and what's not?

Mike

15. ramajama

ramajama Member

Thanks for the info.
    More than rumor, less than fact is not acceptable. FCA/RAM needs to crap or get off the pot. People are going to lose patience. The 4th gen RAM has had an awesome run and "Dodge" has a history of complaisance. But times are different and you just cant do that anymore. Its hard not to notice that they keep pushing things back and delaying projects. Hopefully when they do finally get these new products to market they are worth the wait.
    As to the power numbers, after being stuck at 395 for five years, they really need more than an "incremental" bump in power. I hope it really is enough for a "real" difference. If not, its a swing and a miss.