NewsDemon has a freakin’ TransBrake • Pritchett’s Challenger Drag Pak isn’t a Demon • Ram Longhorn to match trailers

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.7L Hemi Will Live Through 2022

Discussion in 'Mopar News and Rumors' started by NWOHMOPAR, Mar 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM.

1. James A

James A Member

I've seen a couple of reviews for 2017 5.7 R/T's and they don't appear to have CAI's. One of the owner's replied that only the Daytona 5.7 has the CAI as far Chargers go. The lower trim only has the exhaust (which is fine with me!). I'm just curious about the facts here. I'm talking about Charger/Challengers just to be clear. IDK about trucks.

2. Chase300

Chase300 Member

That's what I thought..just the special models such as the Daytona have the cold air intakes and 392 exhaust.

James A likes this.
  3. James A

James A Member

Well all the RT's have the exhaust apparently. Plenty of youtube reviews that show that. CAI however, seems not to be the case.

4. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

Changes to the intake allow for changes to the camshaft to really utilize the flow and runner length adjustment.

Mike

5. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

The T/A with 5.7 gets the cold air intake IIRC.

Mike

James A likes this.
  6. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

Looks like you are right... about it. The Daytona is currently the only one. You proved me wrong.

James A likes this.
  7. James A

James A Member

Wasn't my intent!!! It was difficult to know because at the debut of the Daytona and T/A it definitely sounded like we were told that ALL 5.7's for 2017 came with CAI's and the SRT exhaust. I only stumbled upon this info by watching youtube vids...

8. Tomguy

Tomguy Member Level 2 Supporter

The R&D required for such a thing would be DOA. You're talking about a cast-iron 90 degree V6 that will need a balance shaft, so it's bigger, heavier, and more costly to package & produce than the 3.6.

I want to see a next-gen V8. I don't care if it keeps the Hemi name or not. 1 plug per cylinder, bigger valves, more efficient design, 5.7-6.0L base engine and 6.2-6.6L SRT variants. 400HP base, 420 tq, and 500 / 500 for SRT versions... Not asking for something earth shattering, but an evolution of the design.

Keep it cam in block too, because the smaller footprint such an engine has is still advantageous and a lower center of gravity.

ramajama likes this.
  9. Muther

Muther Active Member

Agree.
    OHV, or cam in block, makes for a compact design, with a lot of packaging benefits.

Also, when I mentioned the power boosts, realize, that is second hand knowledge, and without a timeline. My folks said they were going to get a power boost 4XXhp, and 5XX hp, but offered nothing more. Don't know when, where or how, just that sometime in the. It to distant future power boosts, commensurate with past power boosts will be coming.

I speculate that it will come with new models, like when the new Rams debut, or when the updated ChargallengerThreeHundred debuts.

ramajama likes this.
  10. redriderbob

redriderbob Mopar Guru! Supporter

After you said something, I too looked at YouTube videos and can confirm you are right.

James A likes this.
  11. Chase300

Chase300 Member

The 392 exhaust is loud..even in the car, so I can't see everyone wanting their 5.7 Hemi Charger that loud everyday...and I know most 300 owners would not.

12. DarkSky

DarkSky Cruising Around Level III Supporter

The active exhaust isn't on the 300. I think many of the people who buy R/T Chargers and Challengers will appreciate the extra sound. If someone wants a quieter cruiser, there's a V6 for that.

James A likes this.
  13. Mike V.

Mike V. Moderator

No active exhaust on the 300.

Active exhaust is only available on Charger R/T, Charger R/T 392 (Scat Pack & Daytona), and Charger SRT models.

The majority of Charger's sold are V6 without the active exhaust.

Mike

14. somber

somber 370,000 miles Level 2 Supporter

The quietness of my Charger SXT is one of the things I like most about it. I wouldn't mind more power, but I'm not interested in a loud car. The next gen Charger, at a few hundred pounds lighter, and with the PUG, is going to be a really nice vehicle. I will consider the 5.7L on my next Charger, but if I can't get it in a quiet form, then I'll stick with the Pentastar.

15. James A

James A Member

If you turn off sports mode its not that loud. The value closes and it quiets down.