Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

54 Plymouth wheel size

Discussion in 'Other classic cars' started by RedPlymouth, Jul 22, 2017.

1. RedPlymouth

RedPlymouth Member

Hi all,
    I have a 1954 Plymouth Cranbrook P25 series that was built in Adelaide South Australia. It was fully restored when I acquired it & has 16" x 6" wheels and cross-ply tires. Now that the historic registration rules have been relaxed I want to get 15" wheels to fit so I can put radials on to improve the ride & handling (the only 16x6 radials I can get here are light truck tires). I need advice on what 15" wheels I can get that will fit the stud pattern and would be readily available in Adelaide. Second hand would do.
    Thanks, Bob.

2. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

I'm 99% sure that 15" Dodge Phoenix (Ply Fury) wheels would work on your car; same bolt pattern, hub diameter, etc. Other wheels will have the correct bolt pattern (Ford Galaxie, etc) but, the center holes may be different, which can be critical when discussing hub centric weight carrying.

3. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

Ford center hole is smaller.

Bearhawke likes this.