Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'57 Chrysler 300C MY WAY! -How it was built!

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by 528-Hemi, Jul 18, 2016.

1. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So, it has been awhile since I've added anything NEW to this build of mine....Been going right at it, really, BUT had to be in a place to handle and touch for pics to be done so......
    So as I have mentioned "interior work is being completed......
    [​IMG]
    Here you see the roof liner... I added color to it, "white" as well as a bit of BMF, on the shades, and then painted them, "Panther Pink" in the center to have the look as tho it has a Chrome rim around the edges.....I ALSO BMF'd the "dome lights, there are 2 of them! I am not sure if I'm gonna add some sort of "lens" in the center of them, or not, we'll see, MAYBE, if I come up with the right "look" for it....
    THEN. the interior itself!
    [​IMG]
    Coming right along as you can see here, ALL thats seen in this pic is glued to stay! I have yet to finish up some fine detail painting to the drivers side door panel, to install it and I got a BUNCH of fine detail painting for the dash.....The dash is gonna be the most difficult to get done as there is A LOT to be done to it, in an assortment of colors.....
    I'm currently finishing up "trim" work on the car body......BUT am about half afraid to touch it yet as its finicky stuff to be doing so......
    Like always with me, MORE pics when I'm able!!!

2. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So everyone its been awhile........ Sure has, and a few feet of snow later...... I made some SERIOUS progress on my '57 300......
    The interior is DONE!
    [​IMG]
    Overhead view:
    [​IMG]
    Then you have somewhat from the front:
    [​IMG]
    Then from the "drivers" side:
    [​IMG]
    MORE to follow these short messages!!!!! ENJOY!

3. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Then you have a bit of the motor into the build:
    [​IMG]
    Thats one side/direction.... THEN from the other:
    [​IMG]

4. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

So then............... NOW what everyone has been waiting for......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THEN Final pic till its DONE!
    [​IMG]
    This is it people.. the rest will be in the done section of this build for me....... THANK YOU all for the kind comments and the following along to the build! THAT is what makes it FUN!!!

5. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

TEASER SHOT......
    [​IMG]
    COMPLETED!

6. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Ladies & Gentlemen... ITS THAT TIME...............
    Ye ole '57 Chrysler 300 is NOW finished! I suppose this would be truly the first model I've completed in 27 years or so......(The sleigh was completed), BUT I can't really classify it a "Model" so...........
    Anyway.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    THEE FINAL SECRET IS COMING!!!!!!

7. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

[​IMG]
    Whats this? A DIFFERENT HOOD!?
    [​IMG]
    YOU BET!!
    [​IMG]
    NOW I BET your thinkin' ole John screwed up and had to do something to the hood to bring it back together... WRONG, I coughed up TWO hoods!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My interior shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Undie of the 300:
    [​IMG]

8. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

And finally:
    [​IMG]
    -Just before it goes into its NEW display case! -Enjoy!

Shane Estabrooks likes this.
  9. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Valued Member
    Level III Supporter

SWEET......................all it needs now is a padded vinyl top with opera windows and some woodgrain on the side.......................:rolleyes:.

NICE JOB !

10. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

LOL Thanks Eddie! Was a fun one to build!

11. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Man, I am blown away!
    Not only at the massive amount of time, talent and skill that went into the model, but also the same that went into the thread.
    That's an awesome tutorial. Makes me realize how "grade school" my model building is. Gives me something to shoot for.
    The turbos build was interesting and informative, but I really had to laugh at the rabbit fur. That's out of the box thinking!

Thanks for posting this, 528-Hemi.
    I'm sure I'll refer to it in the future.

528-Hemi likes this.
  12. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Donnie,
    Thanks man! The thing is, A LOT of times, I build my builds for contests... This is just one of those ones I went above & beyond for a 50's theme.... I type out them out as the build is going on... And because I type these sort of posts for the build out in Microsoft Notepad, I save them and then can copy & paste the build on ANY forum, with image code embedded into the body of the messages... So typing wasn't an issue LOL It was a matter of copy and pasting each "section" I dedicate a single "posting".... The model itself? It took 3 months, on and off working on it to complete it as you see it here..... (was a 3 month long build) I do others that are one month long, and then the "Best of the Decade Series" build being 3 months long and then I am on another forum that does 6 month long builds.... So.... I currently am not in any contests so.... I'm merely trying to remodel parts of my Man Cave to be able to sit down and be serious in building some more, BUT, will make it just that much easier to do when I'm done, and plus, Its summer so the weather is great for carpentry skills to get things done! (Last year at this time, I wasn't able to do anything around the house as I was in a bad accident that left my hands (both of them) pretty close to useless! -Thought, this summer, I'd get something done!