Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'57 Chrysler 300C MY WAY!

Discussion in 'Models - Games - Toys' started by 528-Hemi, Jun 14, 2016.

1. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments welcome, Thanks for lookin' guys! -ENJOY!

pentastarpunk and Jerry Simcik like this.
  2. Scrounge

Scrounge Well-Known Member

A work of art. Did Cragars exist then?

3. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Thanks! As for Cragars, I don't know if they existed back then. I can tell you tho, those aren't "stock size" 15 inch Cragars on that car LOL Those are I THINK to be 20 -22 inch big diameter low-pro's, came out of a Foose '67 Coronet I have (Big Diameter Magnum 500's).... I plan to make the Coronet pretty "stock" looking exterior-wise. So....

Thanks guy, was a fun build!

4. Scrounge

They look like dubs. I don't think I'd want to put them on any vehicle I own because too much of the road is felt (a severe liability in Michigan), and the tread doesn't last long enough. But they look nice on this ride. I also like the low profile.

BTW, I'm not near my sources to consult, but didn't the '57 Chryslers have 14" wheels?

5. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Thanks man, sadly, I'm NOT a big fan of the low-profile rims and tires myself, but what I had sought out on this build, it was thee best choice I had without spending $20 in rims for the car, as the other set of rims were and still are horrible looking for low-profiles big diameter, SO I picked the "best" out of 2 evils..... Altho, I could have gone with the box stock tires and rims, but I don't think they would have fit the look of the car! I had the choice of the Foose rims & tires from the '67 Dodge Coronet R/T, made by Revel, and the rims & tires from the '67 Charger also made by Revell, and the ones in the '67 Charger, I wouldn't give to my worst model building enemy!

As for the Chryslers 300 I'm not sure if they had 14s or 15s I thought 15's due to the bigger car..... Yeah I looked it up while typing this post out, your right they were 14's....

6. Scrounge

15s would have made more sense. Mopar dropped down to 14s on their full sized cars at one point, then used 15s again later. Imperials had 15s during those years. When I lived in Phoenix about 25 years ago, Benrich, who ran a Mopar-only junkyard, had an extensive collection of letter 300s. He bought old Imperials just to remove the wheels and drums to put them on his 300s because he preferred the larger brakes.

528-Hemi likes this.
  7. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Thats what I had thought they were 15's, only because the bigger tires and rims with the bigger brakes would have made more sense, but whatta I know, you know? SO yeah, you were right, so I made the choice of the low-pro's to have the bigger rims to "lower" the ca and look more like a Pro-Touring car, and all so.....

8. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Wow! That is seriously impressive! As good as the photos are, I bet they don't do the model justice. An excellent example of the model building art!

528-Hemi likes this.
  9. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

Thanks Donnie! Much appreciated! -I COULD actually post a thread on this WHOLE build from start to finish to "show" what all I did to this model. BUT it be a long thread, so would need to hear some interest in it as it is a long "read" with pics as things went together..... (I take pics of most my builds from start to finish with explanations of each pic to say what I'm doing.... all typed out in Microsoft "Notepad" with the image code embedded into the body of the message!

10. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

I'd be cool with that....

528-Hemi likes this.
  11. 528-Hemi

528-Hemi Member

-Look for it then.... I'll get to posting it, as it began (This car, to date), has won me 2, FIRST place wins in contests, THREE "Best of Show" place wins, and ONE 2nd place place tie, on an online contest.... I've done well I say! I've done well..... Got a lot of prizes from all those wins too! (The 2nd place tie, was between a friend and I online, he was half way around the world from me so we each sent each other something in regards....) Thought that was pretty cool!