Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

71' RR

Discussion in 'Projects, mods, restoration' started by bigred71, Oct 8, 2017.

1. bigred71

bigred71 New Member

Has anyone who has ever restored a 71 roadrunner run into a sweeper cluster instead of rally cluster? I own a 71 thats all stock and original...it has a sweeper cluster?? Production date 11/70

2. Devildodge

Devildodge Active Member

3. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Supposedly the full gauge package was standard on the 71 RR and GTX as well as some of the upper trim levels of the Satellite.
    By sweep cluster I assume you mean the wide, horizontal speedometer? The one the lower trim cars got?

It shouldn't have been built that way if Chrysler was following their rules but they were known to make exceptions. Is there a build sheet or other documentation with the car to prove it was built that way rather than it being a swap somewhere over the years?

4. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

Dad had a '71 R/R loaner from Highland Park that was a real sleeper. No stripes, vinyl top, bench seat, full wheel covers, white line tires, am radio and the "sweeper" dash. I assumed it was the standard dash and the Rally Dash gauges were optional. Our '71 Satillite Sebring had the Rally Dash.
    Think it was part of the bucket seat interior package

5. 1fastrunner

1fastrunner Member

I do believe there is/was a '71 RR for sale on another site that supposedly had that "sweeper" dash in it from the factory

6. rapidtrans

rapidtrans Well-Known Member

I agree. My old sales brochures call the rallye cluster std. eq. on RR & GTX.
    However i have seen both 71 & 72 RRs with the sweeper gauge dash. They we both low optioned cars with bench seats.
    I think the rallyecluster was std on the Sebring Plus and Brougham sedan pkgs. also.

7. CudaPete

Ad-Free Member

Let me know if you are looking for exhaust tips. I know someone selling a set.

8. 2012srtchallenger

Supporter

They should swap,I don't remember a Chrysler product or jeep I couldn't swap in full gauge clusters.i owned 71 road runner in college had to sell when I ran out of money,it was a great car.i have swapped many clusters through the years and new ones are prewired for tach.you will have to change oil sender to gauge type sender as present sender just forms ground for the light