Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

730N Low Volume Problem When In Nav Mode

Discussion in '200, Avenger/Sebring, Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze' started by motogeezer, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. motogeezer

motogeezer Member

Longtime member through lots of different Mopars !!!
    Currently, I have a 2013 200S 3.6L retractable hardtop with a 730N. I just got the 2017 updates for software and nav, which I installed. Afterward, the volume for the navigation audio is too low to be heard and the level is stationary.
    The volume for the other features, phone, radio, streaming works as before.
    i tried searching the web for a fix with no luck. I called Chrysler customer service and spoke to a nice lady who told me to give the problem a day or two and it would likely fix itself.
    I got the updates 'cause I'm going on a multi-state road trip starting tomorrow and it would be nice to hear my nav commands.
    Any thoughts? I'm hoping it's something obvious that my lack of tech savvy just isn't comprehending. I may try re-booting it. Thanks in advance.

#1 motogeezer, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

A traffic announcement volume drop and radio mute issue is mentioned in the 'symptoms/conditions' list in TSB # 08-024-14, among others. It is a software update for the radio. Was this the software that you installed?:
    http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0802414.pdf
    While the WiTech tool is connected to the vehicle, you may ask them to update other modules that have available updates.
    A hard reboot may also straighten it out, but if it's still the obsolete software then the problem may return?

3. motogeezer

motogeezer Member

My brother accidentally figured it out while we were driving north through GA. this morning. While using the GPS, holding the soft key in the upper right of the screen that is represented by RPT and a volume symbol, will allow the GPS voice volume to be adjusted by using the 730N's normal volume knob. Not found anywhere in any instructions we could find.

saltydog and ImperialCrown like this.
  4. rheckber

rheckber Active Member

Actually, if you turn up the volume when the nav is talking it will turn up the nav volume only. Same for phone and radio. Turn up volume while using phone and only phone volume will go up