Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

76 Dodge w150 4x4 club cab

Discussion in 'Power Wagon' started by 53 Flathead, Dec 6, 2012.

1. 53 Flathead

53 Flathead Member

Can someone tell me how long a 76 4x4 club cab long bed is? Will a 16 foot trailer be long enough to haul the truck?

2. tazdevil

tazdevil Member

You will have about four foot hanging over the rear of a 16 foot trailer, and your rear tie downs will be almost vertical from the trailer bed to the truck axles. I'd use a 20 footer minimum.

3. 53 Flathead

53 Flathead Member

Thanks, but how long is the truck?

4. 53 Flathead

53 Flathead Member

I got the truck last night and I love it, I was told it has a 205 transfer case, how do I know? It hangs down lower than any I have seen. Also, I dont know what gear the transfer case should be in for normal driving, Lo Lock, Lo, N, Hi, Hi Lock? Just Hi for highway driving? Also, how should I shift? Neutral? In drive moving slow or what?

5. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

Does the truck move when it's in "N"?

If it does, then probably "N" for RWD only. "Hi" is probably open center differential, while "Hi Lock" would probably be a locked center differential. "Lo" is probably low ratio for both axles, open center differential, "Lo Lock" is low ratio for both axles, center differential locked.

6. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

If it really has a 205 case, it will have a single stick shifter, under the truck will be one huge hunk of iron with only an alimiinum tail cone. The single shift lever goes into two horizontal shift rails with two round rails protruding from the case.
    There is no lock that's in a 203 case.
    The 205 has 2WD High, 4 High, Neutral, 4 Low.

If your gear lever has the above markings, it's a 203 case. That is a Full Time 4WD case.
    Normal pavement driving is hi and with towing or extreme loads in wet, lo
    Hi lock on dirt roads with minimal traction and lo loc in very low traction crawling situations.

Somewhere on the back of the case will be a round aluminum tag that says New Process Gear NPG-203. The tag will have either a red or blue gear embossed on the tag.

7. 53 Flathead

53 Flathead Member

Got new floor pans the other day, I have both sides cut out and ready to go. I will do some welding tomorrow. Any tips on welding the pans in?

8. 53 Flathead

53 Flathead Member

Pans are in, sealed, primed and sprayed with bedliner paint. I will seal the underside tomorrow.

9. Mopar_Ja

Mopar_Ja Member

My 74 3/4 PW club cab has a 9 or 9.6 foot bed can't quite remeber off the top of my head but I do know its longer than 8 ft. The only reason I think of such a length is it was just standard on Dodge trucks sinc ethe 30's. You could always measure with a tape.

10. MoparNorm

MoparNorm Active Jeeper
    Level III Supporter

That's interesting. Most beds longer than 8 died in the '60's
    Dodge did have a standard Utiline bed that was 9' and maybe it lasted longer, or it was retrofitted by a previous owner?

Cornupenuria likes this.
  11. It's only eight foot. And the other guys t-case is an NP203 if it has that shifter.

12. Cornupenuria

Cornupenuria Active Member

My '71 D300 Utiline had a bed that was just over 9'. I still haven't found a good picture of that one.