AF: 77’ Cordoba Interior Light Lenses | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

77’ Cordoba Interior Light Lenses

Discussion in 'All other classic cars' started by 88DaytonaD, Jun 21, 2020.

1. 88DaytonaD

88DaytonaD Active Member

Hey folks, hope everyone is staying well!

I don’t get to enjoy my Cordoba as it is in a province I don’t live in, and cannot travel without quarantining, however the rest of my family enjoys it on a regular basis. I’m attempting to source some pieces that have gone missing/disintegrated over time, and one of those things are the lenses over the interior lights on the doors and rear interior panels. I heard some time ago that these lenses were pretty interchangeable throughout the years and models, just wondering if that is true and what my options are. Also if anyone knows a trick to reattach the trunk lock medallion... I’d love to know.
    Thanks!
    upload_2020-6-21_16-17-17.jpeg

2. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Spend some time on eBay. The lens covers show up regularly there, new and used. If you switch the interior lights to LEDs, the new covers will last longer without the bulb heat.

if the lock cover base is still on the car, the spring that held the medallion cover broke. I’m not sure the spring is available separately.

3. 88DaytonaD

88DaytonaD Active Member

Thanks Valiant, I think LED is a great suggestion. And I’ll keep an eye open on EBay.

The base of the lock is still there, the spring is what is missing. I was wondering if there was a way to put it back together. One would just have to use some steel to create a spring? As a piano technician, I have lots of steel wire

4. valiant67

valiant67 ...

The hard part is knowing what the spring needs to look like. I’ll have to see if I have any old pieces laying around tomorrow.

5. valiant67

valiant67 ...

There is a Cordoba trunk lock cover on eBay. They show the back, but I don’t know if it shows enough detail or not.

6. 88DaytonaD

88DaytonaD Active Member

After a bunch of looking around, and looking at covers from other cars, I think it’s not terribly difficult. Just a coiled spring, I’ll follow this up when I get the chance to try repairing it.

7. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

I'm doing this from memory, but I believe some of the interior lights may have been used on later Chrysler products as well. I had a Cordoba the same color as yours. It was a 76, I bought it in 78 and it only had 23,000 miles on it. It was a good car.