AF: '77 pb300 FU control arm compatibility | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'77 pb300 FU control arm compatibility

Discussion in 'Vans' started by MopeyMopar, Feb 28, 2018.

1. MopeyMopar

MopeyMopar New Member

Ok, so I've looked high and low and found nothing on the forums or net in general.
    Vehicle:1977 pb300 sportsman maxivan #3300 front axle
    My issue: Front Upper Control Arm Ball Joint failure means new front upper CA assy is needed.
    Conflict: I cant find 'vehicle specific' replacements but have found several for other model years.
    What I am needing to know is what year changed the control arm design in the B vans, what's gonna work? Thanks in advance!

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Welcome to Allpar. A main public library might have Hollander's Interchange manuals that would show you CA interchange applications and possible left/right part numbers. A 1977 Mopar truck parts catalog would give you part numbers to Google for.
    Are the b/j's welded or riveted into the arm?

3. MopeyMopar

MopeyMopar New Member

Im pretty sure that they're compression insert. Does rust count as a weld job? Ideally I'd be replacing the assembly with a pre-inserted ball joint.

4. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

They very well could be and that would make sense. I just could not find a picture or front, upper b/j for a 3300# front axle. I was able to find b/j references for the 3600# and 4000# front axles.
    They may have changed design in 1981, but I cannot be sure.

5. Bearhawke

Bearhawke Things happen for a reason

Upper balls joints on any 1977 B series van: def screw in type.

Upper control arms for the 3,300 lb front axle I'm 99% sure are the same as a 1972-93 D100/D150 (5 lug 2WD) pickup/Ramcharger as well as B100/B200 (5 lug) vans from 1971-78, the 1979-03 vans went with the slider style vs eccentric cam camber/caster adjustments.