Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'86 driver seat 8-way switch or compatible replacement needed

Discussion in 'GFAQ: G-Body Frequently Asked Questions' started by CJ Chitwood, Dec 22, 2013.

1. CJ Chitwood

CJ Chitwood Hubby and Daddy Extraordinaire

Hey all

Been forever, I know... Being a dad and husband took more time from the car than I expected and then I went and became a dad again... now have a four and a half year old and a six month old, and for the past year I've had new responsibilities at work (but sadly without new pay) so I've had even less time for the car.

I was able to bring my nephew into the fold, though, when about two years ago he bought a 1986 Daytona Turbo Z C/S very similar to my own from a coworker of mine.

It is for that nephew that I'm posting now. It seems his 8-way power seat control switch has bitten the dust. He had disassembled it to clean it and possibly lost a spring or something, so now it no longer returns to center and some of the contacts no longer work.

I'm trying to find (a) a 7-digit part number, (b) photos to compare parts on eBay, and/or (c) part compatibility reference for a replacement. I can look at my own but it's difficult to make time to futz with things (my youngest has been extremely high-needs from the get-go but she's starting to mellow out a bit we think so this could change). I'm hoping some of the fellas here could help.

...and any help is greatly appreciated. Even better if that help includes the exact part, in good condition and working order, for sale.

FWIW, nephew currently lives in Virginia Beach until he goes into the Navy boot camp...

Wish I could participate more here... Many thanks in advance!

CJ Chitwood

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Welcome back. Is this the electric thigh and lumbar motor control switch also? Is it possible to get a part number from the switch that you have? It should be molded into the plastic switch housing.
    The number that I came up with is 4221751. Does it look like item #4 here?:
    http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action=catalog_show&cat=chrysler&t_id=3864&id_pic=38969
    I have repaired power window switches by cannibalizing another switch for broken plastic parts. You may be able to do the same with yours. I have no detailed picture. This may have been a relatively high-failure part, so even with two inoperative ones, you may be able to build a good one.

3. CJ Chitwood

CJ Chitwood Hubby and Daddy Extraordinaire

Thank you, and no, not quite the same part. This one come to find out (I forgot how easy it was to get to it or I would have done it on mine first) is part number 4221983, manufactured by Singer, and has number 12484 molded in opposite the Singer name so I don't know if that's a Singer part number or something else.

But I did discover that not only does my nephew need the switch, I need the connector that it plugs into. :-/

IMG_20131222_162926.jpg

IMG_20131222_162952.jpg