Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

86 Power Ram W-100 Parking Brake Question

Discussion in 'Pre-1994 trucks, commercial vehicles' started by pwrdbyhemi, Oct 2, 2017.

1. pwrdbyhemi

pwrdbyhemi New Member

Hey Guys, I recently acquired an 86 W-100 (3.7L 4WD, 4 speed, short bed) project. The truck needs some work but I bought it for a father-son project for me and my 14 year old. I've been a Mopar guy all my life and have had a number of muscle cars but never had a truck (he's more of a truck guy than I am but I'm getting into this project quite a bit). Anyways, we're in the process of rebuilding the parking brake setup. When we purchased the truck, a few items were missing. I replaced the front cable and installed it and just got the intermediate cable the other day. If you're familiar with these, you know that the end of the front cable (not pedal end) is a long threaded rod with 2 nuts. The intermediate cable (on the end pointing towards the front cable) is just a round ball. I'm looking for the piece to bridge these two ends together. I believe this piece is also needed to make the cable adjustments to loosen/tighten the cable. None of the auto parts stores in my area (Autozone, Advance, etc..) carry anything like this, they just have the cables. I've looked online but haven't had much luck. Today I called a Dodge dealership in our area and they gave me some information. They said I need the Cable Adjusting Link (Part# 3575604) and Parking Cable Adjusting Link Cushion (Part# 4238184). They also mentioned another nut but didn't give me the part number for it. Any information for that missing piece would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

3. pwrdbyhemi

pwrdbyhemi New Member

Thanks for the info Imperial, much appreciated! I'm not sure where I'm going to be able to get these parts, as I was told that there are none left at any of the Dodge dealers in the US. They may have just told me that so I will have to call other dealers to verify. I'll also check with some salvage yards to see if they have any that are not too far gone yet.

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

Dealers haven't had any for years. Use the part number for reference when inquiring at NOS parts houses, salvage yards or other possible parts sources.
    Even if they don't have it, ask who else you should try. This might give you more possible parts resources that you otherwise may not have heard about. Happy Hunting. :)