Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

88 Horizon 5 Speed for Sale

Discussion in 'L: Horizon/Omni, Rampage, etc' started by 88horizon5speed, Mar 16, 2016.

1. 88horizon5speed

Not that I really want to do this because I really do love this car...but I am selling my 88 horizon. I just bought a 16 impreza wagon and don't really want to have two cars at this point. I also want it to go to someone who can actually use it. Its a really good car and its been great to me. Here's the cars story:

I bought it about 3 years ago with 79,808 miles on it. I was the 3rd owner of the car. The first owner was an older man so I cant say i imagine he would have beat on it. Then the man I bought it from is a family friend who is middle aged and again wouldn't beat on a vehicle, and then me. It was sitting for a couple years with hardly any use, a few hundred miles in years. I bought it because my truck frame was rotted out and I needed a car to get me around and to/ from college. I replaced stuff such as the thermostat, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, air filter, oil and filter, hatch back struts, put some nice 4 way speakers into it and put a new radiator cap on. Since then I replaced the head gasket about 15,000 miles ago, the valve cover gasket, clutch about 500 or so miles ago (have a second like new clutch as a spare) the TPS, full tune up again (normal stuff), HEP, new struts all around, oil pressure sending unit, fuel filter, engine side fuel line hoses, the brake lines are from 2010, all new belts including timing belt (with the old as a spare), new hoses, power steering pressure hose, new front tires and rears are still really good (look about the same tread as new fronts), new radiator, drivers side CV, MAP sensor.

It now has 98,888 miles on it and is running really nicely. Its been my daily driver for the past 3 years so I know its reliability. Its a pretty reliable vehicle, I've taken it on around 25 long distance trips (about 380 miles each about 6 hours) and its proven to be good highway cruiser. Engine uses very little if any oil and runs strong. Transmission shifts really nice; only little thing is to not shift quick into second. If you wait a second its fine otherwise it will grind a little bit if the tranny is cold. I'm assuming it is the synchro between 1-2. Hasn't caused me any problems.

I have in depth service records and receipts since about 55,000 miles and definitely anything I have done since 79k. I have tried to attach the spread sheet in excel but its too large of a file, I can email it to you if your interested. I also keep the receipts/paperwork and hand written copy in the car.

Honestly I can only think of two things off hand about the car to have to deal with. First is the fuel lines will need to be either replaced or patched at some point. Its mostly good until the part near the fuel tank. I replaced all the rubber hoses but the metal lines are starting to be rusty towards that end. It doesn't leak but i'm being honest about projecting into the future. The only other thing is it will need a few small patches on the frame and one patch in the floor pan and the front inner wheel wells can use a patch towards the bottom. The rockers are good and doors have some spotty rust on them. Other than that the car is rock solid and a really fun car to drive. It would make either a great parts car for another or a great car to patch the frame and keep driving. I feel confident in saying over the last 3 years I took most of the kinks out.

If you have any questions let me know, I live in Maine and I feel confident you could drive the car back to where you live, it was my daily driver and I frequently drove it 400 miles straight or so, that's enough proof to me. I know most states don't require a title anyway but I do have the title in hand and in my name.

I tried to upload photos and even meeting the pixel requirement its too large, I can send you them if you are interest.

2. desotocrazy

desotocrazy Active Member

Maybe post a photobucket link with pics.

3. 88horizon5speed

Im not really sure what a photo bucket is..

4. ImperialCrown

Level III Supporter

5. desotocrazy

also, where are you/the Horizon located.

6. 88horizon5speed

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u633/88horizon5speed/Horizon/IMG_20140223_122434_zps8vqm7wpo.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u633/88horizon5speed/Horizon/IMG_20130820_173436_zps8nxwog6l.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u633/88horizon5speed/Horizon/IMG_20130813_165102_zpssyoew5bw.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u633/88horizon5speed/Horizon/IMG_20130813_165310_zpst1gydpv6.jpg

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u633/88horizon5speed/Horizon/horizon maintnance image_zpsjpk64qzf.png

Its located around Belfast Maine, if anyone is seriously interested and wants the real location to come and meet up at, or wants more pictures of anything list me know. I want the car to go to a good home which can use it, I don't want it scrapped or anything because I think it has good parts others who enjoy these cars can respect and use for their own car.

#6 88horizon5speed, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  7. desotocrazy

How much are you asking for the Horizon?

8. 88horizon5speed

Im looking for $1,000 for it. I understand you can get them for around $600 in places but those are typically non running and with who knows how many problems. Mine has been ran and can be said to be reliable to a degree (of course anything can happen on any used vehicle) but I know what to expect from it and it has a perfectly well running engine that uses little to know oil and is in great running shape. Its been well taken care of and has receipts and records to back up that claim

9. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a really nice Horizon!

10. 88horizon5speed

thank you! It is sold btw

11. GLH1987

GLH1987 Member

Carb or FI?

12. GLHS60

GLHS60 Well-Known Member

I believe he sold it but all 1988, 89 and 90 Omni and Horizons were factory TBI.

Thanks
    Randy

13. Donnie 3.0

Donnie 3.0 Well-Known Member

Congrats on selling!