AF: 89 B250 Heater not blowing | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

89 B250 Heater not blowing

Discussion in 'Vans' started by yawyd, Dec 1, 2012.

1. yawyd

yawyd New Member

I just bought a 89 B250 with a 318. It hardly blows. I am thinking it is either the blower motor or control switich. I am going to look at it tomorrow and see what is the issue. Will post more info as i get involved in it. So any advice would be helpful.

Thank you everyone.

2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

Hardly or not at all? If not at all, check fuses.

3. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
    Level 2 Supporter

IIRC, the switch on the control just routes the power through the resistor pack in different patterns for the various fan speeds, with high bypassing the resistors. If it doesn't work on high then I'd think that there could be something caught in the fan or the bearings in the fan are bad.

4. bguy

bguy Well-Known Member

The B-van blower fan turns the oppostie way from cars from the same era. The squirrel cage is also shaped different. I got the result you described when I replaced one with a car blower one time.

5. yawyd

yawyd New Member

It is like it is only blowing at low speed. Checked the blower motor and not only was it filled with leaves, it was barely turning. Swapped it with one from an 87 and it has kicked in high gear. I fixed it.

Thank you all for your help.