AF: 90 lebaron dome lights stay on at 2 percent | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 lebaron dome lights stay on at 2 percent

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by neon98rt, Sep 23, 2020.

1. neon98rt

neon98rt Well-Known Member

When it is dark out i can still see the LED interior lights on > door, mirror, center console rear. They are on at like 2 percent power with LED lights in them. My guess is that it has been like that a long time but i never could see it with normal bulbs.
    I have removed door switches, still on
    removed dash pod , still on.
    I took out the BCM and sprayed it off but it looked fine. I thought maybe dirt was arching . Still on.
    What am I missing?

2. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

My front porch light is switched to a old fashion timer switch, when the old light burnt out I replaced it with a LED. When it is off I can tell its still dimly lit. So somehow proberly through that timer switch electricty is leaking to the LED.

3. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

What this indicates is that the electronics allow a small leakage current through, that was undetectable with an incadescent filament, not enough to light it. It shows that the LED is more efficient, and that the electronics used to drive the lights are of an older, inferior design. When I changed all my dash lights in my Daytona and Dakota to LED, the Check Engine and Low Fuel lights glow very, very dimly. But noticeable to the point that my wife called me once, all worried about the Check Engine light being on in the truck.

4. neon98rt

neon98rt Well-Known Member

that is what i was hoping to hear that the wires have power to them. It is odd they do but good news . Now i wonder if my tail lights stay lit just a bit.