NewsDemon chillin’ the intercooler • This really is the 2018 Wrangler “JL” • Red vs black keys: Real-world Hellcat performance

Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90 ram D-50, how to pull fault codes?

Discussion in 'Outside North America' started by AD1, Jan 27, 2013.

1. AD1

AD1 New Member

Hi, I have a friend with a 90 "dodge" D-50 and he said his check engine light came on... I tried the key on off on off on off on but the light didn't flash like my 90 ram 150 or my 89 Daytona...

Since this is a Mitsubishi, is there a procedure to pull the codes without a scan tool?

Thanks
    Alex

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator Level III Supporter

There is an ECM wire that has to be grounded in order to read codes, then turn on the ignition and count the flashes or attach an analog voltmeter (dial and pointer type) to another terminal and count the needle swings. It will keep repeating the codes until the switch is turned off.
    Many Japanese cars use this method. A good service manual would really help here and possibly pay for itself (if your local main public library doesn't have one for loan).

3. TWX

TWX DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS! Supporter

Since this is a captive import, moving to the forum for the 'made for chrysler' vehicles...