Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

904 band adjustment stopped the slip, but added a mystery

Discussion in 'A Body: Duster, Valiant, Dart, etc' started by skully, May 8, 2017.

1. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

If I thought I'd have any room and money for a car after my move to Pittsburgh...but I won't.

2. dana44

Ad-Free Member

Sorry, but that isn't going to fix the clutch rubber seals. You find bits and pieces of that in the trans filter, once they start coming apart they leak internally and can't be fixed with fresh fluid. It is too bad you can't rebuild the trans yourself, which is probably about $225 in a rebuild kit and new bands, which you might not need, but it would make all the difference in the world. If the hard parts (clutches, steels and bands) were OK, a seal kit is around $50 and you only have to take the guts out, don't have to pull the tail shaft off to replace the clutch seals, a trans repair shop may let you bring the parts in to reassemble the clutch packs and seals for cheap, a person that does it regularly could disassemble and assemble in about 30 minutes out of the transmission case.

pt006 likes this.