AF: 92 Plymouth Sundance Duster | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Plymouth Sundance Duster

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by Joshua T, Oct 25, 2017.

1. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The Park/Neutral (Reverse) lamp switch on a 41TE (A-604) is at the front of the case:
    transmission.gif
    See if there is power at the Wt wire. The Vt/Bk wire goes back to the lamps.

Joshua T likes this.
  2. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

It's on the transmission.

Joshua T likes this.
  3. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

So after driving her to and from work...grand total of miles under 200...she is dead in the parking lot. Turning over but I sprayed starting fluid and it did nothing. Has to be spark right?

4. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

Maybe. Could be timing belt.

valiant67 and Doug D like this.
  5. Doug D

Doug D Virginia Gentleman

I agree with Bob. You can remove a small cover on the side of the timing belt cover from which part of the top sprocket is visible. You'll need a helper. Have someone crank the engine and if the sprocket doesn't move, the belt is broken.

6. valiant67

valiant67 ...

It’s a V6, right? Pop the distributor cap off and see if the rotor spins.

7. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

Yes v6 and she started up without me doing anything. I hate these issues.

8. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Bad (intermittent?) ASD relay? My old Dakota died, I left it set and it then started right up. Next time it happened I swapped the A/C and ASD relay and it started right up and never failed again. Until it got hot and I tried to use the A/C. Then I had to get a new relay so I could have A/C.

Joshua T likes this.
  9. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

Ok now my left blinker light stays on and my heater core just died lol. When it rains it pours.
    Does the light mean a bulb is burnt out somewhere?
    Looks like another Saturday filled with antifreeze for me. Good thing I live in the desert.

10. valiant67

valiant67 ...

When a bulb is out, the lights either won’t flash or flash really fast depending on design. As long as one side works correctly, the switch and flasher are OK. It’s a builds or wiring on the one side. Also check for corrosion especially the socket.

Joshua T likes this.
  11. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

These did have rear socket poor ground issues that was in the socket itself. At the dealer, we could replace the ground terminal in the socket that contacted the shell of the bulb.
    A test would be to use a jumper wire between ground and the bulb ground shell with the ign and blinker on. If it begins blinking and/or gets brighter, then the ground is bad.

Joshua T likes this.
  12. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

All my lights work with the hazards on so does the rear and the dash light so I'm going to guess it's a stalk issue. What do you think?

13. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Not necessarily. The hazard flasher is not load dependent. The turn signal flasher is.

14. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

So it's the turn signal and running light that isn't working. Checked the bulb and it looks new and unbroken. Darn it!!

15. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

16. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

The heater core for vehicles with or without A/C is the same part number. Three of the four choices mention that they are a replacement for the OEM or 'alternate' for Mopar part # 4462697. The foam seal that surrounds the core usually disintegrates upon removal, so you will want a new one of these.
    You will also want to reclaim, evacuate and recharge the A/C refrigerant as part of the heater service. Is this still R-12?
    Compare the old and new cores for the same dimensions before installation. I have had fitment and configuration issues with aftermarket heater cores in the past. An OEM part is your safest bet that this will go smoothly. Words like 'OE-style' or 'alternate part' bother me.

17. Bob Lincoln

Level 2 Supporter

I used the 2-inch core in both my 93 Daytona and 92 Dakota, where each had had a 1-inch factory core. It was just a little snug sliding into place, but the 2-inch core puts out a LOT more heat. I would not hesitate to go with that.

18. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

Why do you have to evacuate the freon? My vw said the same thing but i was able to not open anything that discharged the system. Juat took careful hands.

19. valiant67

valiant67 ...

You have to remove the heater box from the car to open it up and get to the heater core. You can't do this without disconnecting the A/C.

Bob Lincoln, Doug D and ImperialCrown like this.
  20. Joshua T

Joshua T New Member

Update.
    My reverse lights work and I did nothing to correct them. Odd

So I'm going to replace my transmission solenoid but my Chilton says nothing about it at all. I can't find it anywhere but I'm guessing that I disconnect the battery before hand right? Does that reset the computer or do I still need to have someone?