Hello, Allpar Forums member or visitor! If you were a member, you would not see this ad!

Register or log in at the top right of the page...

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'94 Chrysler LeBaron sedan - auto seat belt delete

Discussion in 'EEK! - Every Extended-K Car' started by goair99, Nov 1, 2017.

1. goair99

goair99 Active Member

Has anyone here removed their annoying passenger side automatic seat belt? I stripped out a '93 NY'er Salon interior(seats, carpet, belts and trim) to put in my LeBaron. I could not pass this up because this car has a immaculate interior and I want the upgraded carpet and put the velour seats in my LeBaron.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. valiant67

valiant67 Rich Corinthian Leather
    Level III Supporter

Find a pre-1994 LeBaron/Spirit/Acclaim without the automatic passenger belt. Install those parts in your car.

I think 1994 was the first year that passive passenger side restraints were required, so there should be a large selection of manual passenger seat belts for it. The LeBaron convertible added a passenger air bag. The sedan used the low tech automatic belt.

3. Bob Lincoln

Bob Lincoln "CHECK FAULT CODES"
    Level 2 Supporter

What valiant67 said. Don't remove the automatic belt and not install a full working manual system for two reasons:

1) If you have safety inspection where you live, it will likely fail. Or it will fail in a future location with another owner.
    2) It would be hard to sell in that condition. I would never buy a vehicle that had the restraint system removed or tampered with.

4. goair99

goair99 Active Member

Ok, well...I assumed that the holes are all there to install the manual belt in the B-pillar. I would reuse the anchor position with the new regular female end from the donor car. These belts are in better shape than my LeBaron's. No inspections in FL.

ClayBelt40's likes this.
  5. goair99

goair99 Active Member

Off the record???

ClayBelt40's likes this.
  6. goair99

goair99 Active Member

Conversion is going well. I got the upgraded carpet installed(same color and is almost brand new). While I had the carpet out I dynamated the entire floor. I was surprised that every hole but one lined up with the old carpet. I installed the nice velour drivers seat using the seat track from the old Le Baron seat. Not sure what to do with the passenger side yet because of the auto seat belt.