AF: 95 Concorde Transmission 'Lurching' - Ideas? | Page 2 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

95 Concorde Transmission 'Lurching' - Ideas?

Discussion in 'LH: Large Cars, 1993-2004' started by dno36, Jun 29, 2013.

1. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

A good scan tool should have 'Module Info' or some-such function on the display menu. This may give you the current part # of the TCM module. The latest and greatest software number would be 4797708 in your application.
    The newer software was less prone to going into 'limp-in' and would give the transaxle more chances to do the right thing.
    A hot line pressure and LR pressure reading may measure low. This might indicate internal clutch seal leakage, although I have seen filter junctions suck air and loose valve body bolts cause low line pressure as well.
    Do you notice air bubbles or foamy ATF on the dipstick at hot idle? This may indicate that the ATF is mixing with air in the sump. Bubbles will also lower pressure. Any pump whine?

2. dno36

dno36 Active Member

Thanks IC,

No bubbles at all on the stick cool or warm after driving at idle.
    There was no coolant in the pan at all.
    Being an 18-year-old-car, there are some sounds that are probably not supposed to be there, and there is a noise that sounds more like an aging pulley bearing than anything else.
    I tried to get a tighter location on the noise, it just sounds like it is coming from the drivers side front. very difficult to pin-point.

Would any additives help if there were an internal seal leak??

Thanks

Dean

3. valiant67

valiant67 ...

Lucas Transmission fix can help recondition seals. I had issues with a 1994 LeBaron where the car would not engage in drive when cold. The Lucas helped in that instance. It was still working when I sold the car though I told the new owner to expect the miracle fix would eventually stop working.

I don't know if it will help in your case because I've never tried it for that type of problem.

4. dno36

dno36 Active Member

As I recall, the Lucas product is fairly thick as well. Eventhough I am not a big user of additives, Maybe that is worth a try. Kind of makes sense if it has a seal reconditioner.... Is it supposed to work on seals within the trans, or on the external seals??
    My car does not leak a drop of anything. No oil, no trans fluid, no coolant. Dry as a bone under the car.

5. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

It may soften and swell the hardened or worn internal rubber seals enough to make a temporary difference. At this point, it might be worth a try. It is a 'Hail Mary' repair attempt and successful results are variable.

6. dno36

dno36 Active Member

OK the final hurrah has been had.......

Flushed and and new +3 again in the trans.
    The trans was already flashed, sticker applied.

The trans acts as if low fluid even when 1st starting.
    Then, after is warms up, the converter pops in-and-out when cruising between 40 & 45.....clank.

Need to drain the full tank of gas and one of our employees Ricky wants it for $300...... bye bye Concorde, you served us well indeed.

Thanks for all the help guys.