AF: 99 GC power driver seat issue | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 GC power driver seat issue

Discussion in 'Minivans · Pacifica' started by wambus, Feb 20, 2020.

1. wambus

wambus Active Member

power seat in GC making grumbly noise when moving forward. I assume there is a plastic piece that rides on a screw that is failing - any tips for me? admittedly, i have not poked my head under there yet...

2. ImperialCrown

ImperialCrown Moderator
    Level III Supporter

Maybe just the drive worm threads are dirty? The grease will pick up all kinds of hair, dust and debris over the years.

3. Mile011

Mile011 Well-Known Member

That may be a very first thing to do.

4. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

I'd take it out, flip it over and start looking at things. Pretty sure IC had a GREAT suggestion.

5. Mark _E

Mark _E New Member

I’m going to swap seats in my van 1999 GC and 1 1999 T&C. All parts are good in both seats. I’m only changing due to rips. I’ll send you anything you need only if you pay postage

6. chuzz

chuzz Well-Known Member

Hey Mark_E, you do realize that his post is a little over 5 months old, right? And he's never come back to let anyone know if cleaning and re-greasing it fixed it or what.