AF: A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD! | Page 10 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Feb 6, 2020.

1. cygnus

cygnus Well-Known Member

The leather seats in the 1994 LHS were the best I've ever sat in.

Dave Z likes this.
  2. 1999 White C5 Coupe

1999 White C5 Coupe Well-Known Member

I bought a 1998 Dodge Intrepid ES, which replaced a 1996 Dodge Intrepid (which had very comfortable cloth seats). The 1998 had optional (at $1,000.) leather seats. They were the most comfortable leather seats I’ve ever had.

I bought a new 1989 Dodge Grand Caravan LE (with the miserable UltrDrive transmission) - but the front cloth seats on the van were extremely comfortable.

3. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Dave I'm 6'4" and weigh 300 pounds. Our Commander has over 200,000 miles on it. While the interior isn't bright and flashy, it sure is durable. The seats, even supporting my big a-- look great after all these years.

Bajanbuoy likes this.
  4. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

I had a 1994 LHS. I agree. Excellent seats.

dodgeismycar likes this.
  5. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

The even worse looking DGC interior kept us in our 2002 DGC longer than we intended (300k miles). If it hadn't been for the 2011 refresh with the improved interior and Pentastar we would be in an Odyssey today.

6. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I've said it before and I'll say it again, why can Monroe build suspension and chassis components that carry a lifetime guarantee but Mopar seemingly cannot?

page2171 and UN4GTBL like this.
  7. 68RT

68RT Well-Known Member

They are the same components. They are betting that the part installed on a used car will not need a third replacement.

Tony K, tlc and tomit like this.
  8. Tomguy

Tomguy Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, 4 lower control arms later on my 1999 300M... I sure appreciate lifetime warranties!

The original Mopar LX control arms were garbage. I hear the newer ones are much much better. Same can be said of a lot of DCX suspension bits.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  9. voiceofstl

voiceofstl Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a picture of how the awd is routed to the rear?

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. UN4GTBL

UN4GTBL Well-Known Member

*cries in Dodge Caliber*

Only 4 LCAs? pffft, I did 5+ a side.

I've been trying to find this too.

gforce2002 and Chris mopar like this.
  11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Well, apparently the ENTIRE suspension and frame underneath my Liberty had rusted through, so it was being held together with a few strips of good metal. Soooooo...off to the salvage yard she went. I googled “Jeep Liberty rust and corrosion issues” and, well, the results weren’t pretty. Apparently in addition to the crappy suspension parts, and the gas tank placement issue, rust & corrosion were big issues too.

It was almost 18 years old, with about 180k miles...a lot of those miles were rough...but the mechanic said it was one of the worst cases of corrosion he had seen. Unfortunate for me.

12. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

I thought I read its down the center of the car and that the SNG on each side is 2" outward to provide room for the driveshaft.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  13. 77 Monaco Brougham

77 Monaco Brougham Active Member

Your story is depressingly similar to what happened many years ago with a Mercury Sable I once owned.

It passed into the automotive after-life with an engine and transmission that were still in great shape. Unfortunately, the rest of the car around them had corroded so badly that the car would not have passed inspection anymore.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  14. UN4GTBL

Sounds like the front cross member on my Caliber that I replaced before I traded it:

[​IMG]

The only other rust on it was because of a bad seal/weld at the passenger side hinge for the tailgate.

somber and Zagnut27 like this.
  15. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yup. They basically rebuilt my engine at 153k because of some cylinder issues, but after that it ran great. Just the rest of the vehicle was in bad shape. Ugh...poor old beast.

Apparently the entire underside of the vehicle looked like that. I hadn’t been under the vehicle myself in a few years, but it had been to the dealer at least once a year for oil changes and such, and actually to two separate dealers. They never once mentioned any corrosion. All the more reason why I don’t have much faith in dealer service departments.

16. somber

somber 370,000 miles

Very similar to our story. My wife wanted a new minivan during the 2010 model year, but the interiors repelled us. While we never would have gone with an Asian brand, we were considering other options. Then I read here on Allpar that the interior would be updated in the 2011 models, and we decided to hang on another year and remain a Mopar family. We're very happy with it - while we got very good service from the 3.3L engines in our 1990 and 2000 Grand Caravans, the 3.6L Pentastar is awesome in our 2011.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  17. blakej59

blakej59 Active Member

What does all this chatter have to do with Pacifica updates?

Tony K likes this.
  18. UN4GTBL

I took it in for the required annual checkups and my dealer always said it was "fine" and didn't need to be replaced under the special extended warranty for this part. So yeah, I don't really trust them either at this point. When I bought my Cherokee, I made sure to bring this point up repeatedly and got them below another dealer's price by a decent amount.

Zagnut27 likes this.
  19. UN4GTBL

...comparisons to how bad vehicles used to be I guess?

I mean, we're almost at 200 posts in this thread, you can't possibly expect it to stay on topic this long :D

page2171, Bajanbuoy, Tony K and 3 others like this.
  20. link3721

link3721 Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
    Level 2 Supporter

Ugh, so sad to hear, I was rooting for it to hit 20 years.

Sooooo...what's replacing it?

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.