AF: A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD! | Page 12 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD!

Discussion in 'Mopar / FCA News' started by Dave Z, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan Moderator
    Staff Member Level III Supporter

I like the large screen cockpit design, but maybe trendy is a better word for it than stylish. It will be less fashionable in a few years when something new comes along.

UN4GTBL, jclick and page2171 like this.
  2. serpens

serpens Well-Known Member

That’s fair. Makes me wonder what they have in store for the exterior.

page2171 likes this.
  3. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

I feel the same about the 12 inch screen in the Ram.

4. kevin m. Henry

kevin m. Henry Active Member

At least Ram integrates the screen into the dashboard instead of sticking a tablet in front of or on top of the dash

CDJSalesPro, UN4GTBL, jclick and 3 others like this.
  5. mopar22

mopar22 Well-Known Member

The whole reason for the "stuck on" look is so they can keep the rest of the dash low while keep the screen easily within eyesight

page2171 likes this.
  6. DrMark

DrMark Well-Known Member

Exactly. I like the screens as high as is practical.

page2171 likes this.
  7. JavelinAMX

JavelinAMX Well-Known Member

I'm interested in seeing new gen cars' interiors to see progress of HeadUp Displays. Partly because of this In-Dash/On-Dash Info screen dilemma.

A large screen is mostly desired; but the intrusion into and onto Dash 'real estate' is a tug'o'war of needs.

One day I expect to see Windshield/Windscreen technology take another leap in supplying projection space embedded in the glass which would allow for input from Head Nod gestures and Voice, in addition to On-Wheel hand inputs to supply information controls to translucent projections.

The '20 Sonata has one of the largest digital Dash for a non-premium Mass brand/model. Not quite the same thing; but the evolution in the direction of the ideal is noticeable.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VtlIM51iEg

UN4GTBL likes this.
  8. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Allpar Legacy

Lost a previous Pacifica Touring L customer to a damn Honda Odyssey today........ previous lease is 418mo new lease 585:(

so as much as I like the new improvements......it dont mean jack if we are not competitive . I would be perfectly fine if the Pacifica didnt get an upgrade till 2022 or 23 if they had used that monies to enhance the current programs. Or replace the Journey or even finally give us a 7 pass CUV .

somber, UN4GTBL, Adventurer55 and 3 others like this.
  9. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I really feel for you dealers. Basically if the customer doesn't walk in wanting a specific vehicle, you don't have a heck of a lot to cross sell them on.

Personally I was close to ready to deal on a new Pacifica back around the beginning of this year. As soon as they announced the 2021 updates I decided to hold off for a bit. Now that I see the 2021 Grand Caravan is going to wear the face of the current Pacifica (not getting the updated face) then I'm waiting for the 2021 Pacifica for sure. It's too bad cause there's some crazy deals on leftover 2019 stock right now.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  10. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't see your situation changing much in the near future. They have been focused on a merger for the past three or so years, and the new Jeeps are taking all the capital here. It's going to be at least two and probably three or four more years before anything really new is coming, other then Jeep and more packages.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  11. Chris mopar

Chris mopar Well-Known Member

That might be true, however we don’t know what has bean in the pipeline and was put on hold to save money and could be put back on go after the merger. Also we know PSA has a car or CUV or two planed for NA, and could be sold under the Chrysler brand, so could come out sooner then we might think. One can only hope anyway.

12. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I can't wait for the 2021 Pacificas to start shipping. Only lousy thing is that in my region the dealers don't stock anything but Touring-L or below trims on their lots. And definitely no hybrids. Anything I get will likely have to be ordered in. Man just sit tight through one more winter with the Journey and wait until spring.

13. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Let me know what happens. One dealer wanted a $5000 nonrefundable deposit to order a Hybrid, another said $1000 refundable.

Powdered Toast Man likes this.