AF: A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD! | Page 6 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Of course Not !

As I Said It here before, the Pacifica came out not very well un consumer clinics, people saw a mistake by having the same design as the 200
    Rear tailamps and tailgate were not favored.
    They liked mucho mucho better the Honda.

jclick likes this.
  2. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

Well in my opinión, the headlamps look bland, and something Is wrong with the grill, It seems that the grill doesnt belong there

3. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

4. CDJSalesPro

CDJSalesPro Well-Known Member

5. NWbyNW

NWbyNW Active Member

I accidentally clicked this and all of a sudden this 284MB download started happening.... BUT I watched it and it was good. It's just sad that when they introduced it, the audience was absolutely silent... actually through almost the entire video, the audience didn't make a peep. :( That's too bad.

I also couldn't help but notice how many times the rather average speaker did all he could to never say the word, "Chrysler." He focused purely on saying Pacifica. Even saying "Pacifica" is a brand name you can rely on... and not saying Chrysler.

6. mrkovash

mrkovash Active Member

I love it. Hopefully a 2.0T mild hybred is in the future

Quambi likes this.
  7. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

Welcome Back AWD!!! I love the new interior appointments.

Zagnut27 and page2171 like this.
  8. XRT2SRT

XRT2SRT Well-Known Member

Woohooo....Fantastic!n Now take it a bit deeper...wayyyy deeper below the bumper centerline and wider! The next CHRYSLER 300 has got to remain imposing...

Donte Lindsey likes this.
  9. tomaz

tomaz Well-Known Member

Its not the size, its lacks the blunt look of a grill. Also the entire front has to be Flat faced and tall, Like Rolls Royce. This Chop makes the front look like its coming to a point instead of being Flat faced like the current 300. it would help if the Grill came alil higher into the hood so that you can give the Headlights a Brow

#109 tomaz, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  10. CherokeeVision

CherokeeVision Well-Known Member

So the Chrysler CUV will be delayed even longer so they made the minivan looks like a CUV?

My first thought on the new front was someone tried an update of a 2005 Ford Freestyle. But you nailed it with the Taurus.

New Ford Taurus?

11. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

With the new grill, it kinda reminds me of the original Pacifica. Granted, that’s probably where the similarity ends...:D

2B4AB1EB-4226-452B-96D7-6D9C717AFCDA.jpeg

Dave Z likes this.
  12. codypet

codypet Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they kept the minivan evolution in the console? I'd hate to lose that.

13. jclick

jclick Well-Known Member

The Taurus had ok looks, the packaging/platform was bad.

im ok if the new Pacifica takes good cues from other cars. The Pacifica is the best minivan. People will purchase new/remodeled vehicles like the 2021. In the past, Chrysler would keep the same design for 5-6 years with no updates. This is a huge improvement for a mid-cycle. Well done. .

Mr. Fusion and TheViking like this.
  14. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

While reading comments from one of Chrysler's pages on the internet, most of which were positive. There is however a reoccurring theme like this comment:

Really nice vehicle. But I’d have to rely on my local Fiat-Chrysler-Dodge-Ram-Jeep dealership, known locally as “Uncle Milty.” Remember the Three Stooges episode where they ran a garage?

Auburn Hills, we have a dealership problem. Does anyone listen inside of those walls?

XRT2SRT, UN4GTBL, jimboy and 3 others like this.
  15. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

The thought of my experiences at my local dealer does temper my excitement somewhat. I haven't had anything done at my local dealer except regular maintenance, oil changes and such. This is the place I have to schedule an oil change 2-3 weeks in advance...

UN4GTBL, FThorn and Dave Z like this.
  16. page2171

page2171 Well-Known Member

Kind of funny...a few months ago my wife was telling me about a vehicle she saw that she liked that would be a suitable replacement for the DGC. She didn't know what it was, except that it said Pacifica on it. Turns out, it was an original Pacifica, not a new one.

UN4GTBL and Zagnut27 like this.
  17. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Yep. The dealers are definitely a weak link in all of this, combined with the less than stellar quality...which I could live with if ANY of my local dealers acted like they had ANY amount of customer service training. If I get a greeting of any kind (often I don’t), it’s similar to “what do you want?” If these...ahem...people...were my employees they’d all be fired. If you can’t do the little things, like greet a customer appropriately, how can I trust you to do the major things?

UN4GTBL, tlc, Adventurer55 and 6 others like this.
  18. GaryS

GaryS Well-Known Member

Guess I have to stand up for my dealer's service department.

Huffines CDJ in Lewisville, TX has done me right for going on twenty years. Express oil changes have never taken more than 1 hour, no matter when I bring it in. Minor service can be brought in without an appointment, and when I tell them I don't have a ride and will have to wait, they have always done their best to finish ASAP, and if I leave the shop to BS with the salesmen, the service writer keeps me informed of progress.

The sales staff have sometimes left me frustrated, but dealing with service has generally been very satisfying.

wtxiceman, djsamuel, tlc and 4 others like this.
  19. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

I think this redesign makes Pacifica look more upscale. That alone should help justify the price premium.

Which begs the question, what is Chrysler’s intended market positioning these days? Premium? “Mainstream”?

Also, I couldn’t help but notice that the new rear end looks rather Durango-like. Wonder if it is just coincidence, or are there plans to bring Dodge Caravan back...?

[​IMG]