AF: A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD! | Page 7 | Allpar Forums
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new Pacifica! MANY upgrades! AWD!

Discussion in 'Mopar News' started by Dave Z, Feb 6, 2020.

1. rmtodd

rmtodd Well-Known Member

That's amazing. The employees at my local Dollar General manage to greet me every time, and I'm guessing they're not working on commission.

2. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Quoting the image because it's on a prior page, but... it looks a lot nicer than 90% of the cars out there now. Does something with all that tailgate space, and matches on left and right. I hate the “we chose the wrong trunk but so what?” look that I think Toyota pioneered in the late 1990s, where the lights clearly don't match up properly betwen the body and hatch lid/trunk lid/etc.

djsamuel, UN4GTBL, jimboy and 3 others like this.
  3. Powdered Toast Man

Powdered Toast Man Move along, nothing to see here

I couldn't agree more. All that black plastic below the rear glass never made much sense to me on the current model.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  4. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

My money is not on this.

5. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Mazda has offered a manual until very recently, if not still? I think you can get one in the 3 or 6 series if you order it.

6. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

Is this some inside joke? If it's open season, throw in lobster.
    This announcement has triggered/rekindled me... searching for Pacifica (and VOYAGER) on AutoTrader, CarGurus, et al.
    There are some dealers showing some vans (both ones) for $21,000 new. That's super reasonable. I wonder what the main differences are; I never remember the Voyager.
    Hyundai to me Catfishzoidal.

Looking back, this was the first EMOJII car.

I was thinking the other day how it would go over if one model could offer the option for the second/rear entry to be Doors on hinges OR sliders. I've always thought the Journey is just a minivan with doors.

Block numbers; "STOP" texts; Send email to JUNK or opt-out/unsubscribe.

I look at lots of cars. I currently have an Si I have 'saved' on Cargurus. [​IMG]

The view from "the six" is the best, imo. In black. I was thinking the other day, wonder if someone could make four small led light strips to fill in the hatch/gap in the 'racetrack'/circuit. Must be bugging my OCD. perhaps some lens/prism or the plastic which transmits the light from the main surface to the edges?

Tony K likes this.
  7. jimboy

jimboy Well-Known Member

Honestly if they 'Dodgify' the rear end in order to win over the caravan crowd, that works for me. I like the shape, and that center bar could be brake lights, maybe. Regarding the brand position, I think they should always be a step ahead of the competition, period.

jclick, UN4GTBL and FThorn like this.
  8. FThorn

FThorn Well-Known Member

You looking for new? lightly-used?
    how many seat belts?
    I was actually impressed by the Veloster. Buy maybe because I drove the "N" and had the #1 [person who likes a particular brand] in seat next to me. But fairly impressed.
    I also liked the Fiesta; (again the ST) and I know... Ford. VW Golf? MINI Cooper (Pick a variant) Fiat 500 Hyundai Accent Kia Soul Yaris Corolla Jeep Compass

9. Mr.Source

Level III Supporter

10. Adventurer55

Adventurer55 Well-Known Member

Possibly, but how many times has the CUV been on again off again? They need leadership that sticks with the plan.

cdjr77 likes this.
  11. valiant67

valiant67 ...

In 2019, there were upper and lower trim Pacificas and no Voyager. For 2020, they renamed the low trim Pacifica to Voyager.

UN4GTBL likes this.
  12. 71Charger_fan

71Charger_fan Active Member

I want one. The size, layout, and utility are perfect for our needs. The AWD provides the extra grip we need on slippery days to get in and out of our neighborhood. However, I have my doubts that I can get my wife on board for a minivan.

Zagnut27 and UN4GTBL like this.
  13. dennisimperial

dennisimperial Well-Known Member

14. Tin Man 2

Tin Man 2 Active Member

There will always be a market for a full size sedan, we can own that market with a small bit of effort.

jimboy, danbek and Mr.Source like this.
  15. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Yup.
    I won't forget about sedans.:(

tlc, Mr.Source and wtxiceman like this.
  16. Dave Z

Dave Z It's me, Dave
    Staff Member Supporter

Going back a ways, prior-gen Mazda3 is also a consideration. If I wanted an old used car, I'd get another Dart. I give car sellers a phone number that only goes to message, and doesn't ring anything. I told them I was postponing a decision till March, and I still get calls and emails every day or two. Honda dealers are pretty desperate or their software is overly aggressive. Mazda, not so much. Toyota (I wanted to at least drive a Corolla 6MT) doesn't seem interested in selling cars, and in any case while they make the 6MT, no dealer seems to have one. I like the Corolla's comfort and economy, the old 3's feel, and the Si's seats and responsiveness. I also like the Hyundai sporty two-door but the suspension's way to stiff for our junk roads. (And don't complain about yours till you've come here.) The Pacifica Hybrid is pretty attractive.

17. aldo90731

Level III Supporter

I still have Jeep dealers call me after I told them, repeatedly, that I already bought one.

The so-called “artificial intelligence” behind Google and Facebook ads is no better. They keep showing me Jeeps I looked at 6 months ago.

hmk123 likes this.
  18. pug-man

pug-man Well-Known Member

Stupid robots.

jimboy and UN4GTBL like this.
  19. 55Plaza

55Plaza Well-Known Member

True but the news article stated AWD will be available on 2020 Chrysler Pacifica AWD Launch Edition, which opens for dealer orders in the second quarter of 2020 and begins arriving in dealerships late in the same quarter. So if ordering will start in April 2020, is that when B&P will open?
    It will also be available on any model of the 2021 Pacifica

20. Zagnut27

Zagnut27 Jeepaholic

Hey, my toaster says he takes great offense to that comment and the microwave concurs.

Myself, well, now I’m scared of my toaster and microwave.......:p

Tony K, Bajanbuoy, jimboy and 6 others like this.